X20 - Chevrolet Impala

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions
Luc de Schepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,091
Like?
X20 - Chevrolet Impala
Apr 10, 2013

Three images from a recent session at a classic car showroom.

X20, film simulation standard, high -1, shadow 0, sharpening 0, noise -2

Images processed from Jpeg, with Lightroom.

Nukunukoo
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: X20 - Chevrolet Impala
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Apr 10, 2013

Nice to see that the blue skies were properly captured in an otherwise strong backlight. Are you sure this was taken in JPEG? ;-p

Liz.

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,511
Like?
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Apr 10, 2013

Gorgeous car. A 1960, by the way.

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,281Gear list
Like?
In reply to Midwest, Apr 10, 2013

When Ametican cars ruled.  Great shots, you really have mastered your X20

timo
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,415
Like?
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Apr 11, 2013

That interior shot with the seat fabric is quite convincing. I would like to pixel peep on that one.

Love the car (although just past the peak of appealing US car design - the 50s were better IMHO).

It must have been quite a challenge driving an aircraft carrier down the road ...

-- hide signature --

tim
www.pbase.com/timotheus

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,511
Like?
In reply to timo, Apr 11, 2013

timo wrote:

That interior shot with the seat fabric is quite convincing. I would like to pixel peep on that one.

Love the car (although just past the peak of appealing US car design - the 50s were better IMHO).

The '60 Chevy was a toned-down version of the '59, actually. In '61 American cars really turned the corner to the straighter, smoother lines.

It must have been quite a challenge driving an aircraft carrier down the road ...

It's a full sized car but nowhere near as big as some. The '60 Impala convertible was 210 inches and 3625 pounds. My folks had a '60 Lincoln Continental Mark V - it was a foot and a half longer (227 inches) and 1500 pounds heavier (5000+). Now that was an aircraft carrier!

The Chevy convertible is a much better looking car though, probably a dream to drive.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Luc de Schepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,091
Like?
In reply to Nukunukoo, Apr 11, 2013

Nukunukoo wrote:

Nice to see that the blue skies were properly captured in an otherwise strong backlight. Are you sure this was taken in JPEG? ;-p

Liz.

Hi Liz, yes it's a Jpeg. I understand your question, I was also pleasantly surprised how well the X20 coped with this high contrast scene. On this image I exposed with -1/3 EV and used fill flash to balance the lighting, that helps

Lmendy
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
In reply to timo, Apr 11, 2013

timo wrote:

-- hide signature --

tim
www.pbase.com/timotheus

I must respectfully disagree.  You seem to forget that in the 60s we saw the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird and others that became icons.  I believe that the American car industry peaked through the mid to late 1960s.

Lmendy's gear list:Lmendy's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-E2
xchert
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
In reply to Nukunukoo, Apr 11, 2013

Nukunukoo wrote:

Liz.

I'm finding the DR on the X20 to be better than expected, myself.  The skies are typically not blown out in high contrast shots.  As as result, I am leaving the DR at the default setting of 100.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads