>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions
Tipo21
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<
In reply to xtoph, Apr 11, 2013

xtoph wrote:

the colors and forms of the produce are appealing. shooting down the row with the telephoto like that helped compress those aspects and emphasize them.

i am sure you are aware that you could improve the focus. i would also strive to put the figures into more definite relationship to each other, or look for a more telling interaction, to help your picture represent your subject better.

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate,  I think that was the third picture i took with the new camera. I came from a Panasonic GH-2 , so im still getting used to the full frame  and how to better compose pictures with it.

-Otoki

Tipo21's gear list:Tipo21's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony SLT-A99 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Zubu Barunda
Senior MemberPosts: 2,234Gear list
Like?
A Nun and the Angels
In reply to xtoph, Apr 11, 2013

anamesa
Regular MemberPosts: 260
Like?
In reply to Sal18, Apr 11, 2013

Sal18 wrote:

Hot dogs

Sal

Angle direct, so suits to the subject. Dogs double the company in dogie community, so would be very nice if by chance they were looking at eachother. But the whole mood is interesting, everybody is bored in a way in the photo, maybe waiting for smth, most of all the lady surrounded by the low key gentlemen. Even the dogies are bored, but they are always so, anyway they're looking off frame (if that's a gaze). The gentlemen define a space inside the frame with their gazes, the lady is taking care of us (a wink at the viewers). So I'd rather consider her to be our ancor in the photo. Being bored by what is in "my" environment, I simply look away, and meet another gaze the time the photo is taken (pov of the lady of course, hehe).

The interplay of these gazes make the photo interesting, since it successfuly depicts the absense of anything going on, in a photographic way. Anyway, it caught my attention.

-- hide signature --

Fotis

anamesa
Like?
Re: A Nun and the Angels
In reply to Zubu Barunda, Apr 11, 2013

Zubu Barunda wrote:

This is a very nice shot, in its alleged simplicity of "construction", because it is much more complex than on first view. The two angels, imprisoned in the stone door, amputated, a hand down on the left corner, are nevertheless chating, commenting on the passing by of a representative of the beautiful gender, and if she is nun, then they have to be angels. More things can be thought on the non-wholeness of the bodies etc, but this as a first impression.

-- hide signature --

Fotis

anamesa
Like?
In reply to xtoph, Apr 12, 2013

-- hide signature --

Fotis

bosjohn21
Senior MemberPosts: 5,647
Like?
Re: Rite of Spring I
In reply to fad, Apr 12, 2013

fad wrote:

Hat Tip to Willy Ronis.  A book on him explains the results he gets from shooting down, which I have almost always found disappointing.  But if you use it to separate the elements of your shot, you can get nice results.  Dear beloved Peter Dumont had suggested some time ago that for these fountain shots I should get down the the same level as the subjects.  But this is better, holding the camera over my head.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

of courese its better you wont get wet.  There is a nice diagonal line connecting the three major players but beyond that is well ok not grabbing me. The fountain screams for watter even a gurgle of water and without it we are guessing fountain. The body language of the girl in front is wonderful and the mirror image of the two with there detritus on the founding lip is working for you. maybe tighter crop but I am not sure. Its good but I expect more from you Fad

John aka bosjohn21

bosjohn21
Like?
Re: Distractions
In reply to Aethon, Apr 12, 2013

Aethon wrote:

Exploring San Francisco with an X100 and EPL2.

In the first shot the guys are looking off in three different directions and seem to have almost nothing in common except leaning against the car, Why did you print this so contrasty if you don't mind my asking?

I like number two. I know shooting folks from behind is a no no but its working here as graphic desighnl. the two pair are united by the shade of thier outfits nice touch.

I like the last one too but I have no idea what ever whats going on. But the poster boy is big. An element looming that large begs for interaction from the live people. Unfortunatly the poster not the people is where we will look.

John aka bosjohn

bosjohn21
Like?
Re: A Nun and the Angels
In reply to Zubu Barunda, Apr 12, 2013

Zubu Barunda wrote:

Ok I wanna know how long you stood there waiting for the Nun to walk out or by. Or did you cheat and ask her to walk bye. Great shot

John aka bosjohn21

bosjohn21
Like?
In reply to anamesa, Apr 12, 2013

anamesa wrote:

-- hide signature --

Fotis

there is a lot of really good stuff going on here with the obvious interplay between your two women but why oh why have you shunted them off and squeeeeeeeeeezed them into the left side of the frame leaving that monolithic black thingie with the really bright paper to take up almost half the frame. The women are super let me see them

John aka bosjohn21

xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,441Gear list
Like?
>>> thread closed: please use SPX #39 <<<
In reply to anamesa, Apr 12, 2013

the thread has nearly reached the 150 post limit; please post new photos and continued discussion in SPX #39.

thank you.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads