NEX7 sound when camera shuts down?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions
liaison2002
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
NEX7 sound when camera shuts down?
Apr 9, 2013

hi everyone,

I have purchased a NEX7 recently and am absolutely happy with it. However, it makes a short high pitch sound a few seconds after I turn it off every time, sounds like something in the camera body shuts down at a delayed time....

Has anyone experienced a similar thing?

Please let me know as I otherwise want the camera replaced while it is still under warranty...unfortunately Sony service support are not very helpful with this...

Thanks!

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
herculeshs20
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX7 sound when camera shuts down?
In reply to liaison2002, Apr 9, 2013

Not to worry - that's the sound of the automatic ultrasonic sensor cleaning which happens whenever you turn the camera off.

-- hide signature --

John

herculeshs20's gear list:herculeshs20's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
liaison2002
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to herculeshs20, Apr 10, 2013

That is good news! The camera otherwise works perfectly and I am about heading off to a holiday in 3 weeks...

Thanks!

wfektar
Contributing MemberPosts: 689
Like?
In reply to liaison2002, Apr 10, 2013

One other thing: every so often it will sound like the shutter trips after turning it off. That's the camera mapping bad pixels by taking a "dark" frame. Happens every few hundred or so actuations.

macsoft4
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
In reply to liaison2002, Apr 10, 2013

You have to turn off the camera GENTLY.. or else the shutter snaps the little guy inside your camera that is in charge of developing your photos. What you ear is when he gets his ding dong caught in the shutter curtain.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads