DA Limited Lens Case (Take) 2

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions
phil_t
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
DA Limited Lens Case (Take) 2
Apr 9, 2013

After having given up hope of ever finding a sample of the original Pentax DA Limited Lens Case (85122), I came across this on the B&H site:

DA Limited Lens Case 2 (Black), Pentax Model No. 85320

I have found any postings about it here, just the 'other' forum, though it appears to have been around since the December.  A bit larger than the original version, but deeper as well, which seems like a good thing.

Brentliris
Senior MemberPosts: 2,992Gear list
Like?
Re: DA Limited Lens Case (Take) 2
In reply to phil_t, Apr 9, 2013

phil_t wrote:

After having given up hope of ever finding a sample of the original Pentax DA Limited Lens Case (85122), I came across this on the B&H site:

DA Limited Lens Case 2 (Black), Pentax Model No. 85320

I have found any postings about it here, just the 'other' forum, though it appears to have been around since the December.  A bit larger than the original version, but deeper as well, which seems like a good thing.

That is an appealing case, I've got 4 DA limiteds the DA15,21,35, and 70, do you think they will throw in a DA 40 with the case?

Although my LBA thinking goes to the DFA 43 limited. But then I might get spoiled and start dreaming about the 31, and the 77 no no no! LBA strikes again!

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
UtahManSir
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,576
Like?
In reply to phil_t, Apr 10, 2013

Kinda like it for my older primes, then eventually the DA limiteds. VERY interesting C/W the other one.

Lloyd

-- hide signature --

“For every problem there is a solution which is simple, clean and wrong.” Henry Louis Mencken
http://lloydshell.blogspot.com/
http://lloydshell.zenfolio.com/
WSSA #354
http://lloydshell.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v41/p234497562-3.jpg

phil_t
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Re: DA Limited Lens Case (Take) 2 - Photo
In reply to phil_t, Apr 19, 2013

I don't own the DA35 Limited, but I'm suspecting the fit would be tight with all five.  Perhaps  with only the thin dividers and no UV filters it would work.

Tan68
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,486Gear list
Like?

With that kind of case, I would like to see a little strap holding each lens in place.  I would hate to bobble things and spill a few lenses.

The strap would not have to be strong.  Just strong enough to prevent a lens from being knocked loose.  A little, tiny bungee or something.

LensBaby makes a case similar in size and shape.  I don't recall the exact dimensions.  I do remember thinking it was hard to determine if it would work well or not...  Might be a thing to look at, if someone is interested.  I think it is lime green and black.

Although, it looks like the case in your picture forms a deep cup for the lenses.  I don't mean to say I think lenses would fall without provocation.  A strap would just make me feel better..

drummercam
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?

Thanks for pointing it out. I just bought it to carry the same 4 DA's in your picture.   Makes a nice set for posterity.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Docrwm
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
In reply to Tan68, Apr 20, 2013

I own the case and have a 15, 40, 50, and 70 in it at present and there is still a little room.

I have cut strips of the hook side of velcro and used them as retainers for the lenses.  If you open the case and it is not perfectly flat the lenses have a tendency to want to roll.  With the velcro strips they stay put and the lid to the case doesn't flop open accidentally either because the entire interior is covered in material like the fuzzy side of velcro (a bit softer though).

drummercam
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
In reply to drummercam, Apr 24, 2013

FYI, I find the case to be well made, Case Logic quality, good padding and robust nylon zippers that don't look like they will wear out or fail.  A good car case or for travel in your suitcase.  DA10-17 diameter lens fits snug but doable.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
nbela
Senior MemberPosts: 1,046Gear list
Like?
+1 for velcro strips
In reply to Docrwm, Apr 24, 2013

... i use it in the same way 

I have the 21, 40, 35 Ltd's in it + a little room

-- hide signature --

Bela Nagy
http://www.speopixel.hu
My PPG:
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/bélanagy

nbela's gear list:nbela's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads