My HS50 EXR - Sunset Mode ...

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,849Gear list
Like?
My HS50 EXR - Sunset Mode ...
Apr 9, 2013

... Well, the image below is actually sunrise this morning but was shot in SP Sunset mode. Just trying it out.

Image has been edited slightly.

HS50 EXR Edits Gallery

-- hide signature --

Dave

Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
s_pokkrong
Regular MemberPosts: 476Gear list
Like?
Re: My HS50 EXR - Sunset Mode ...
In reply to Lloydy, Apr 9, 2013

Thanks for sharing.

This mode is good for amateur, such as I.

I have to decide to keep HS30 or to buy  a HS50, but your picture make me to have a new one.

Pokkrong

s_pokkrong's gear list:s_pokkrong's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot G12 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lloydy
Like?
Pokkrong ...
In reply to s_pokkrong, Apr 9, 2013

s_pokkrong wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

This mode is good for amateur, such as I.

I have to decide to keep HS30 or to buy  a HS50, but your picture make me to have a new one.

... Thanks for commenting.

Seriously, you won't get a whole lot more from the HS50 EXR IQ wise, than from the HS30 EXR.

Where it is better is its balance and the swivel LCD is a delight as you can lock it away - Prevents all the fingerprints and scratches.

I only use the LCD when I have taken a shot and am playing it back to show someone, usually the subject of the shot.

Love the EVF 

Pokkrong

-- hide signature --

Dave

KJaay
Senior MemberPosts: 3,179Gear list
Like?
Re: My HS50 EXR - Sunset Mode ...

Beautiful shot!

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Canon EOS 450D
Lloydy
Like?
Kjaay ...
In reply to KJaay, Apr 9, 2013

KJaay wrote:

Beautiful shot!

... Many thanks for your comment. I shot the same scene in 'normal' mode but this one just jumped out at me.

-- hide signature --

KJ

-- hide signature --

Dave

MitchyK7
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: Kjaay ...

I use the scene modes at times to great effect. Sometimes it's much quicker than trying to run through all the right settings in your head and then missing the shot! It's a great image even if it was shot in 'helping hand' mode. Far too many people are quick to deride auto modes, without just appreciating the photo for what it is, which in this case is very nice. That's the kind of thing i'd have hanging on my wall if i'd taken it. We haven't even seen the sun in weeks! It's getting quite depressing... LOL

Lloydy
Like?
Mitchy ...
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 9, 2013

MitchyK7 wrote:

I use the scene modes at times to great effect. Sometimes it's much quicker than trying to run through all the right settings in your head and then missing the shot! It's a great image even if it was shot in 'helping hand' mode. Far too many people are quick to deride auto modes, without just appreciating the photo for what it is, which in this case is very nice. That's the kind of thing i'd have hanging on my wall if i'd taken it. We haven't even seen the sun in weeks! It's getting quite depressing... LOL

... Many thanks for your comment.

Here, we have six months of clear blue skies and zero rain. That is followed by six months of overcast sky and for a couple of those months torrential rain. Still it's warm. Well, stinking hot actually !!

-- hide signature --

Dave

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads