Keyboard and Mouse alternatives

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 16,142Gear list
Like?
Keyboard and Mouse alternatives
Apr 7, 2013

Any suggestions for mouse and keyboard, wired or wireless, to use instead of apple product?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,089
Like?
Re: Keyboard and Mouse alternatives
In reply to digitalshooter, Apr 7, 2013

between all of my machines, I use the Macally ICEkey keyboard and a range of Logitech mice MX500 series or the M570 trackball all driven by Steermouse software.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bravozulu
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Re: Keyboard and Mouse alternatives
In reply to Howard Moftich, Apr 7, 2013

I asked about available choices at a nearby Apple Store. I prefer the wired keyboard, since it has the numeric keypad attached and important (to me, at least) keys for PG UP, PG DN, etc.

Any mouse is OK. To Apple, the wireless keyboard (smaller) and wireless mouse are standard. But you can get any keyboard or mouse at no extra charge.

There might be small charge to get a trackpad. My wife is dedicated MBP user, so she prefers a trackpad. I would assume other laptop users would have similar tastes.

When you have a wired keyboard or mouse, you might have more clutter. But you never have to change a battery, either.

I'm not sure if Apple retailers have the same no-charge options. I do know that you will never be able to get Fusion Drive in an iMac bought from Amazon or Best Buy.

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads