**Weekly X Series Photo Thread 7th April, 2013**

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions
vkphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,617
Like?
**Weekly X Series Photo Thread 7th April, 2013**
Apr 7, 2013

All right, I guess that's me again who will open this regular and very popular thread.

This thread is always a lot fun and great learning experience.

A place to show off what you and your Fuji X camera can do.

Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that you post starts a new section.

If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images.

Don't be shy:)

Share, discuss & enjoy!

vkphoto

-- hide signature --
Michael Perham
Senior MemberPosts: 1,061Gear list
Like?
Re: **Weekly X Series Photo Thread 7th April, 2013**
In reply to vkphoto, Apr 7, 2013

Easter flowers ...still in bloom.

Michael Perham's gear list:Michael Perham's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PeterFXCassidy
Regular MemberPosts: 379Gear list
Like?
X-E1 AF Captures Death-Dealing Man Eating Jaguar Muskrat!
In reply to Michael Perham, Apr 7, 2013

Who says X AF is slow?

PeterFXCassidy's gear list:PeterFXCassidy's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Deepak Kaw
Senior MemberPosts: 1,432Gear list
Like?
At the Airport
 Deepak Kaw's gear list:Deepak Kaw's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +21 more
vkphoto
Like?
Old rangefinder camera

This fine art object is still fully functional and takes great pictures:)

Taken with X-Pro 1 + Nikkor 28mm AI-s

Raw file was post processed in LR44 with my colour preset then cropped + vignette

Thanks,

vkphoto

-- hide signature --
vrot01
Regular MemberPosts: 279Gear list
Like?
petunia the hamster

x-pro1, 35f1.4... our family rodent...

Tom

vrot01's gear list:vrot01's gear list
Canon PowerShot S30 Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR Canon EOS 5D Mark II +20 more
PeterPrism
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055Gear list
Like?
Urban Sphere & Something in B/W

Urban Sphere

Something in B/W

PeterPrism's gear list:PeterPrism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Luc de Schepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,097
Like?
Birds
PeterPrism
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055Gear list
Like?
In reply to Michael Perham, Apr 7, 2013

I like it! voted +1 Cheers.

PeterPrism's gear list:PeterPrism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Ross Kennedy
Regular MemberPosts: 294
Like?
Re: A few portraits

X-Pro + 35mm + Lightroom/VSCO

timchk
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?

I took these 2 photos yesterday ....

Cheers

-- hide signature --

timchen

timchk's gear list:timchk's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1
OPWong
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Evening urban walkabout

trying out some evening urban landscape; all handheld with high ISO settings

OPWong's gear list:OPWong's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Samsung WB350F
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,528Gear list
Like?

Thanks for starting this thread again vkphoto.  I was out shooting my Sigmas this weekend so I don't have anything Fuji to post.  It's nice to know the thread is so popular that people keep it going on their own initiative rather than wait for somebody to start it.  It's a great thread and I enjoy it every week even when I don't have any photos to contribute.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
vkphoto
Like?
In reply to Tom Schum, Apr 7, 2013

Thanks, Tom.

OT, but what Sigmas do you have? I think Foveon is an mazing sensor and it would be interesting to compare to x-trans

-- hide signature --
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,528Gear list
Like?
In reply to vkphoto, Apr 8, 2013

vkphoto wrote:

Thanks, Tom.

OT, but what Sigmas do you have? I think Foveon is an mazing sensor and it would be interesting to compare to x-trans

-- hide signature --

I have three Sigmas: DP2 (non-M), SD15, SD1 (non-M).

DP2 does a great job even though it is 4.7 mpixels.  It beats my X10 in optimum shooting conditions (excellent light).

SD15 and SD1 are good, but there is no provision for sensor cleaning.  This is a very big issue with the SD1 since the sensor is 15 mpixels.  Even the smallest particle jumps out in the images.

Overall, resolution of the SD1 beats X-trans but image quality is better only in the best light.  No Sigma seems to deliver good JPGs out of camera, so the rule is to shoot raw.  The processing tool from Sigma for these raws is slow as a natural result of the incredibly number-intensive processing necessary for the Foveon sensor.  Color rendering method is completely different (not RGB) so colors don't match up well to X-trans or any other color filter array sensor.

I prefer the excellent color, dead-on white balance, and nearly perfect exposures the Fuji X10 and X-E1 give me.  The focus is sensor based, as on the Sigma DP2, so focus is reliably clean.  Not so the Sigma SD15 and SD1: their phase detect autofocus frequently misses, and neither of them offers live-view (a serious lack).  With careful attention and lengthy periods of time spent in post-processing the SD1 can deliver mind-boggling images.  But it is more and more burdensome to me to go through that amount of work.

The controls on the Fujis are more straightforward, and the cameras far less bulky.  The icing on the Fuji cake, at least for me, is the wonderful JPGs out of camera.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
ThachLy
Regular MemberPosts: 209Gear list
Like?

Sorry the file is very big. This is the first few days using the 14mm F2.8 lens. Yarra River, Melbourne

ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128Gear list
Like?
Old Stuff Here In PA Dutchland

Bird hunting (my primary photographic subject) ended last week, so I am trying to expand my photographic horizons.  These were taken while out taking a ride on some of the back roads where I live in the two-seater.  Conrad Weiser's home - circa 1729:

A typical rural family graveyard way out in a field.  You can't see these when the crops are grown.  This one has two Revolutionary War soldiiers buried within.

A 19th Century covered bridge.

All were taken with an X-Pro 1 and a new to me Fuji 18-55mm lens.  All were PP's in CS5.

Thanks for this thread, BTW.  It gives one a chance to show off pics that no one otherwise sees.  This is the second time I've participated.

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
framus
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Signage - San Jose

Signage  -  San Jose

X-pro1  :  XF18mm

framus's gear list:framus's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,377Gear list
Like?
59th Street Columbus Circle Train Station, NYC

Below is a shot at the 59th Street Columbus Circle Train Station, in New York City. I took this shot with my fisheye lens while literally laying on my back shooting up into the sky to capture the skyline and shapes of the station.

I usually shoot jpegs but this one was a raw file, DR 400 setting, since there is an extreme exposure range and I needed RAW to harness that. I use ACR in CS6. The B&W version is from my Topaz B&W photoshop plugin.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
X10

Visited Fremantle Harbor in Western Australia last night, trying to get some long exposure ambiance frames. Ships bob up and down in the water, all be it slowly, which was a bit of a challenge with the little x10. These frames were post processed as a composite, the gulls are from separate frames in an attempt to add some technical ambiguity.

Thanks for the interest.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads