Fuji EF-20

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Mark1t Regular Member • Posts: 246
Fuji EF-20

I want to buy a fuji EF-20, but i want to trigger it with my studio flash. Is this possible? Will it recognize another flash?

svx94 Senior Member • Posts: 2,289
Re: Fuji EF-20

I think you will lost TTL by doing so.  If TTL is not important to you, you can actual get some old manual flash that capable to do manual output adjustment, and use a cheap trigger.  I think Fuji's flashes are way over priced for the function they can provide.

svx94's gear list:svx94's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 4500 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +9 more
Mark1t OP Regular Member • Posts: 246

But will it recognize another flash automatically?

ddayan New Member • Posts: 8

If I remember correctly the ef-20 only works in auto/ttl mode and can't be operated as a slave i.e. can't be triggered by another flash. the ef-x20 can, its smaller & looks better however it's more expensive and you can't tilt it for flash bouncing. Another option is the EF-42 which is more powerful but much bigger than the other two.

ddayan wrote:

If I remember correctly the ef-20 only works in auto/ttl mode and can't be operated as a slave i.e. can't be triggered by another flash. the ef-x20 can, its smaller & looks better however it's more expensive and you can't tilt it for flash bouncing. Another option is the EF-42 which is more powerful but much bigger than the other two.

Thank you! Will the nikon flash work with fuji x100?

ddayan New Member • Posts: 8

no reason it shouldn't work in manual mode (if the flash has a light sensor), not sure if you can get TTL to work on non fuji flashes

thakyou

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads