Fuji EF-20

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions
Mark1t
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Fuji EF-20
Apr 7, 2013

I want to buy a fuji EF-20, but i want to trigger it with my studio flash. Is this possible? Will it recognize another flash?

Mark1t's gear list:Mark1t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Apple iPad 2 WiFi
svx94
Senior MemberPosts: 2,289Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji EF-20
In reply to Mark1t, Apr 7, 2013

I think you will lost TTL by doing so.  If TTL is not important to you, you can actual get some old manual flash that capable to do manual output adjustment, and use a cheap trigger.  I think Fuji's flashes are way over priced for the function they can provide.

svx94's gear list:svx94's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 4500 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mark1t
Like?
In reply to svx94, Apr 7, 2013

But will it recognize another flash automatically?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Apple iPad 2 WiFi
ddayan
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?

If I remember correctly the ef-20 only works in auto/ttl mode and can't be operated as a slave i.e. can't be triggered by another flash. the ef-x20 can, its smaller & looks better however it's more expensive and you can't tilt it for flash bouncing. Another option is the EF-42 which is more powerful but much bigger than the other two.

Mark1t
Like?
In reply to ddayan, Apr 7, 2013

ddayan wrote:

If I remember correctly the ef-20 only works in auto/ttl mode and can't be operated as a slave i.e. can't be triggered by another flash. the ef-x20 can, its smaller & looks better however it's more expensive and you can't tilt it for flash bouncing. Another option is the EF-42 which is more powerful but much bigger than the other two.

Thank you! Will the nikon flash work with fuji x100?

ddayan
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?

no reason it shouldn't work in manual mode (if the flash has a light sensor), not sure if you can get TTL to work on non fuji flashes

Mark1t
Like?
In reply to ddayan, Apr 7, 2013

thakyou

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads