Can we have focus peaking now Fuji?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,479Gear list
Like?
Can we have focus peaking now Fuji?
Apr 3, 2013

The X100S is out, focus peaking works great, now lets get an XP1/XE1 firmware update! While you're at it, lets have minimum shutter in auto ISO and an option to reassign the focus selector button (at least).

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
NachoYogi
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: Can we have focus peaking now Fuji?
In reply to TThorne, Apr 3, 2013

+1

(and let us have colour choice for the focus peaking)

NachoYogi's gear list:NachoYogi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JasperD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,662
Like?

+1 on everything, however if only having a choice between several, I´d rather have functional exposure compensation with AutoISO under M! That´s truly a bad miss in IMO. I´d bet you expected that... 

TThorne
Like?
In reply to JasperD, Apr 3, 2013

JasperD wrote:

+1 on everything, however if only having a choice between several, I´d rather have functional exposure compensation with AutoISO under M! That´s truly a bad miss in IMO. I´d bet you expected that... 

You mean functional EC dial in M mode vs minimum shutter in auto ISO? I'd be happy with that also. I feel like the benefits of both options intersect, and also have their own individual pluses. Both would be super professional of Fuji, but one or the other would really be a step in the right direction.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
TThorne
Like?
In reply to NachoYogi, Apr 3, 2013

NachoYogi wrote:

+1

(and let us have colour choice for the focus peaking)

Like the Sony? Yeah, that is a pretty nifty feature. The peaking on my X100S works great, so I wouldn't have thought to ask for this, but having seen how this works on the Sony, I agree with your request.

-- hide signature --

baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,948Gear list
Like?

i vote for this motion!

Thx

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
TThorne
Like?

TThorne wrote:

The X100S is out, focus peaking works great, now lets get an XP1/XE1 firmware update! While you're at it, lets have minimum shutter in auto ISO and an option to reassign the focus selector button (at least).

-- hide signature --

I have an idea. Everyone should start their own threads asking for the exact same things, and we can discuss them on all the threads, flooding the board from top to bottom until Fuji can no longer ignore these requests.

-- hide signature --

baobob
Like?

Well it could well be the best way to be banned all of us from the forum....

But I agree that some more effective lobbying is needed..

Any other idea  folks ??

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
baobob
Like?

I also have for digiscopy a marvellous Sony RX100

It does have focus peaking, mmmh at least in theory

In practice after several hours of intensive trials, I'm just unable to decide when it is supposed to be sharp

So I hope Fuji will do better...

-- hide signature --

bestbyte
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?

TThorne wrote:

JasperD wrote:

You mean functional EC dial in M mode vs minimum shutter in auto ISO? I'd be happy with that also. I feel like the benefits of both options intersect, and also have their own individual pluses. Both would be super professional of Fuji, but one or the other would really be a step in the right direction.

-- hide signature --

I bet you would be alot happier if fuji change their name to sony! And that will turn you into one hell of a prol photographer

Peter Vaktor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,003
Like?

This is going to happen for sure BUT not as a firmware update. You'll see it in the upcoming XP-2 and XE-2. Why would they give you this for free when they can sell you a new camera? But that's just the cynic in me talking!

Peter

JasperD
Like?
In reply to bestbyte, Apr 3, 2013

Not for me.

My DSLRs are Sony A100 and A900 which I value a lot, but no thanks.

JasperD
Like?
In reply to Peter Vaktor, Apr 3, 2013

Because they named it ´pro´, ´groundbreaking´, whatever?

There are enough enhancements depending on hardware already, this one they could (and should!) give us as a nice update because it´s simple missing, it kind of cripples a feature needlessly. Bad show on such an expensive item.

Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?

Peter Vaktor wrote:

This is going to happen for sure BUT not as a firmware update. You'll see it in the upcoming XP-2 and XE-2. Why would they give you this for free when they can sell you a new camera? But that's just the cynic in me talking!

Sounds about right to me. Fuji seems all about 'second generation' upgrades in the APS line-up.

The original X100 hasn't had focus peaking added as retrograde update ... doubt they'll differ in the current XE/XPro model roadmaps.

Apsphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?

TThorne wrote:

JasperD wrote:

-- hide signature --

I hear you and I understand why you want the EC in manual and it is something that I think would be useful. However from a strictly engineering view point I bet that they see it as useless, because you are already in manual mode, just change the settings. That is the purpose of manual to set the exposure via aperture and shutter and ISO. So to have it automatically bias the exposure probably makes them ask why? Of course we know why, but I am guessing that is what they are thinking. Who knows and I doubt we will ever know....

Alan

-- hide signature --

Alan Smallbone
Orange county, CA

Apsphoto's gear list:Apsphoto's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1
TAGRIFFIN
Contributing MemberPosts: 597Gear list
Like?

Peter Vaktor wrote:

PeterThe x10 got the Q menu function as an update...so there is hope! Tim

larryhokie
Regular MemberPosts: 397Gear list
Like?

Yes please! +1

larryhokie's gear list:larryhokie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
baobob
Like?
yes we can ? NT
-- hide signature --

PeterPrism
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055Gear list
Like?
In reply to TThorne, Apr 4, 2013

If I can't Have a FP, I wish a visual signal of NO focus reached using AE/FL button using OVF and camera in silent mode (no beep sound available - only the red bar blocked at the questionable 2mt of distance in case of out of focus situation).

PeterPrism's gear list:PeterPrism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
DrewLavyne
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
In reply to PeterPrism, Apr 4, 2013

They've made it clear it's software based...bring it on Fuji!

DrewLavyne's gear list:DrewLavyne's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads