My HS50 EXR - Colour Bleed - Good News ...

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,865Gear list
Like?
My HS50 EXR - Colour Bleed - Good News ...
Apr 3, 2013

... The latest Lightroom 4.4 and ACR 7.4 support the HS50 EXR and, good news, colour bleed can be all but eliminated from Raw files in either.

Example below shows Raw file converted, at left, and M size Jpeg at right.

Incidentally, I used settings for Colour Noise of 45 for Colour and 80 for Detail. You need to play with the settings for best result and default settings are not typically the best.

Have a look at this article also, the fundamentals are still relevant - Raw File Colour Bleed

-- hide signature --

Dave

Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
isb_deep
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Re: My HS50 EXR - Colour Bleed - Good News ...
In reply to Lloydy, Apr 3, 2013

Lloydy wrote:

... The latest Lightroom 4.4 and ACR 7.4 support the HS50 EXR and, good news, colour bleed can be all but eliminated from Raw files in either.

Incidentally, I used settings for Colour Noise of 45 for Colour and 80 for Detail. You need to play with the settings for best result and default settings are not typically the best.

Have a look at this article also, the fundamentals are still relevant - Raw File Colour Bleed

-- hide signature --

Dave

Good news indeed! Thanks for posting this.

- Deep

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lloydy
Like?
Deep ...
In reply to isb_deep, Apr 3, 2013

isb_deep wrote:

Lloydy wrote:

-- hide signature --

Dave

Good news indeed! Thanks for posting this.

... You're welcome.

- Deep

-- hide signature --

Dave

MarvinErich
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?

Lloydy wrote:

-- hide signature --

Dave

Nice and thanks. Good article.

Colour bleed is one of my concerns.

2raj
Senior MemberPosts: 2,135Gear list
Like?
Lloydy...

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but do you see color bleed in every shot taken with the HS50 (RAW/JPEG)?

Or does it only occur under certain situations/settings?

Appreciate our efforts in addressing these issues and helping us all get better.

Best regards,

raj...

-- hide signature --

Just a Pixelpusher, currently experimenting with Fuji HS10 and Panasonic LX5

2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,785Gear list
Like?

you keep chipping away at the issues and revealing the cams potential ..sheesh now I am going to have to get one and see if it can replace my p&s F770. It will be interesting to see how RAW conversions compare between the two within comparable zoom ranges.

all the best

g

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Lloydy
Like?
2Raj ...
In reply to 2raj, Apr 3, 2013

2raj wrote:

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but do you see color bleed in every shot taken with the HS50 (RAW/JPEG)?

Or does it only occur under certain situations/settings?

... It is not apparent in every image but, where it is present, it is more pronounced in M (medium) size images.

There are three things apparent in M size images - Less detail, less colour saturation and more propensity to colour bleed. That is not to say that you can't get a good image at M size.

Shooting L (large) size can mean more noise but this can be mitigated somewhat by shooting with NR set to 0 (standard) and then dealt with in post process. I would rather deal with that than try to extract detail which is not there in the first place.

Appreciate our efforts in addressing these issues and helping us all get better.

Best regards,

raj...

-- hide signature --

Just a Pixelpusher, currently experimenting with Fuji HS10 and Panasonic LX5

-- hide signature --

Dave

Lloydy
Like?
Painter ...
In reply to painterdude, Apr 3, 2013

painterdude wrote:

you keep chipping away at the issues and revealing the cams potential ..sheesh now I am going to have to get one and see if it can replace my p&s F770.

... Don't expect miracles. You can get good results and, as you would expect, more-so in Raw.

It will be interesting to see how RAW conversions compare between the two within comparable zoom ranges.

all the best

g

-- hide signature --

Dave

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads