Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions
Cane
Senior MemberPosts: 4,529
Like?
Re: Because they are playing time.
In reply to temama, Apr 3, 2013

temama wrote:

Cane wrote:

Why does everyone get their panties in such a wad here anytime Pentax releases anything that is not directly related to FF? Get used to being miserable.

Because they are playing time,and I'm tired of these marketing games! Please give us something that we want, not just the same cameras with little modifications.

Like:

- FF body

- swivel screen

- new 24mp APS-C camera

Who wants, the 30 people that post here?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gary Martin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,134Gear list
Like?
Predictable forum freakout
In reply to Benoz, Apr 3, 2013

Relax folks, this will have zero effect on R&D and future product releases, and they've done this before (K-x, K-r, Q). In other words: THIS IS PROBABLY NOT FOR YOU.

Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
Cane
Like?
Re: Predictable forum freakout
In reply to Gary Martin, Apr 3, 2013

Gary Martin wrote:

Relax folks, this will have zero effect on R&D and future product releases, and they've done this before (K-x, K-r, Q). In other words: THIS IS PROBABLY NOT FOR YOU.

It gets depressing to come here every time Pentax launches a new product. All you get is miserable old people yelling at clouds about how Pentax is ruining their life if anything short of a FF is announced. Then if Pentax ever does launch a FF, the same people will be crying about it's deficiencies anyway. It's a pretty miserable photographic existence, especially when they can just  sell their gear, as values remain high, and be happily shooting FF within the month from someone else.

temama
Regular MemberPosts: 362
Like?
Who wants nice colors ?
In reply to Cane, Apr 3, 2013

Cane wrote:

temama wrote:

Cane wrote:

Why does everyone get their panties in such a wad here anytime Pentax releases anything that is not directly related to FF? Get used to being miserable.

Because they are playing time,and I'm tired of these marketing games! Please give us something that we want, not just the same cameras with little modifications.

Like:

- FF body

- swivel screen

- new 24mp APS-C camera

Who really wants to choose a DSLR camera because of the color?

temama
Like?
In reply to Gary Martin, Apr 3, 2013

Gary Martin wrote:

YES, THIS REALLY IS NOT FOR ME

The question is: Is Pentax system for me much longer?

I have invested a lot of money for Pentax system, I want some real new products, not all this carnival stuff, like Pentax Q, K-01 or plenty of new colours!!!!!!!!

I'll take this very personally. I feel that Pentax messes with us. I have waited a long time Pentax K Mount full frame camera, I have waited swivel screen. And here is what Pentax has to offer. How they dare?

James O'Neill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,939
Like?

temama wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

I have invested a lot of money for Pentax system, I want some real new products, not all this carnival stuff, like Pentax Q, K-01 or plenty of new colours!!!!!!!!

I'll take this very personally. I feel that Pentax messes with us. I have waited a long time Pentax K Mount full frame camera, I have waited swivel screen. And here is what Pentax has to offer. How they dare?

Use of that many ! marks is a sign of mental derangement, so  get a grip of yourself.

You take it personally ? What that Ricoh bought Pentax specifically to screw with your head ? A small company like Pentax doesn't have the rate of development that Canon and Nikon do. If you must have the very newest thing you should probably have got a Canon 5D in 2005.

I've been waiting for full frame since I bought a *istD in 2003.  I've updated all but two of my lenses in that time.  If Pentax doesn't get a FF in the next 10 years they're screwed.  I've listened to people saying the sky would fall for Pentax if they didn't do X, Y or Z  for a bit more than 10 years. And you know what I do ? I go out and shoot photos. And I look at the prints I make now and how vastly better they are than I ever got from 35mm film and think of people who are complaining like my children when they squable "He got that ..." "She got that"  and my reply is "Shut the hell up and be grateful for what you've got".  Which maybe should be "Be amazed at what you've got, and go and shoot pictures with it"

Cane
Like?

temama wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

So you are waiting for a product they never said they were going to make? That sounds sane. Are you waiting for other companies to make products you want that they never said they would make, like an Apple coffee maker?

temama
Like?
I don't wait Apple coffee maker!

Cane wrote:

temama wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

So you are waiting for a product they never said they were going to make? That sounds sane. Are you waiting for other companies to make products you want that they never said they would make, like an Apple coffee maker?

No, I don't wait that kind of stuff.  I expect real modern photography stuff what other manufacturers have released a long time ago.

Digital Full Frame: Sony, Nikon, Leica and Canon. Pentax has a lot of Pentax K mount compatible FF lenses, but no FF body!! Too much to ask or waiting for?

Swivel screen: Sony, Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Samsung...But no Pentax DSLR with swivel screen.  Too much to ask or waiting for?

Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,011
Like?
Re: I don't wait Apple coffee maker!

temama wrote:

Digital Full Frame: Sony, Nikon, Leica and Canon. Pentax has a lot of Pentax K mount compatible FF lenses, but no FF body!! Too much to ask or waiting for?

Swivel screen: Sony, Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Samsung...But no Pentax DSLR with swivel screen.  Too much to ask or waiting for?

This is true. I bought Sony NEX, because of swivel screen - I use it now with Pentax K->NEX adapter. And I'll buy Canon FF body (and use some of my manual Pentax lenses with PK->EOS adapter), IF Pentax does not release the FF camera within a year. I don't buy any camera because of the color, but because of its useful features.

Ari

-- hide signature --

--
http://koti.mbnet.fi/tidis/AAikomus.jpg
- Ari Aikomus -
'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

Gary Martin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,134Gear list
Like?
Getting Serious

temama wrote:

Cane wrote:

temama wrote:

Cane wrote:

Like:

- FF body

- swivel screen

- new 24mp APS-C camera

Who really wants to choose a DSLR camera because of the color?

You're right: Serious Photographers don't use colorful cameras. Serious Photographers use pretend rangefinders.

Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
Cane
Like?
Re: I don't wait Apple coffee maker!

temama wrote:

Cane wrote:

temama wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

No, I don't wait that kind of stuff.  I expect real modern photography stuff what other manufacturers have released a long time ago.

It's always interesting to see someone in the wrong camera system when they can't see it themselves.

Manituwa
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?

Is that Apple coffee maker a full size, or a 4 cup model?

-- hide signature --

R A Roberts

Manituwa's gear list:Manituwa's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K10D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads