Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
fad
fad
Forum ProPosts: 12,344Gear list
Re: you are confused
In reply to oneANT, Apr 6, 2013

oneANT wrote:

It is obvious now that it was a safe place away from the doings here and I suspect that some of these members are regretting the loss and seeing the mess that has become of the forum.

Yes, it was a safe place, but that should not have been an issue.  All of the forums should be a safe place.  That is why moderators were appointed in the first place.

Our original thread began before there was an SP forum.   It was not created to provide a safe place, but to provide a place where SP could be shared and discussed.  Because of Peter Dumont's leadership, it grew from that into a virtual community.   We even have a whole life together outside of dpr because of our common interests and experience, and because we like and respect each other.

Its a disgrace and has been used as a weapon to suit a personal feud.

Yes, but to call it a feud is to mischaracterize a documented pattern of behavior by one party that has been going on for many years on many different discussion sites, most of which have nothing to do with photography.   It's easy to find on google.   Whether it's his home town, or ed-wars on Wikipedia, or all kinds of different discussion group areas, which he monitors full time in his home of perpetual night, or other forums in dpr, the same behaviors and reactions from others pop up time and again.   You have to say one thing for our friend, he treats everyone exactly alike.  And the reactions throughout the Internet have been remarkably similar.

The threaded view debate should have been a recommendation and not voiced as a rule. Fad is sometimes his own worst enemy and some of you should have helped guide him.

You're falling into a trap here.   There was no 'debate.'   If you had posted and said:  'Why do you say we should always post in threaded view.'  And then one of the senior members would reply.  And you might say, but it's theoretically possible to do this in flat view.  And then another senior member might point out that that had never worked in the past, in our common experience.   Well, that would be a debate.   What happened had nothing to do debate.   Debate has always been welcomed.  What happened was disruption, not debate.

Where are the members, where are you? You are just as bad by leaving this to happen and now you have other picking away at you.

Stand up for yourselves. Get the exchange going again. Get fad in there and be street photographers.

revenge on another member has been applied here under the guise of something else, everyone here is affected.

The dpr administration is soon to be involved.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 +9 more
fad
fad
Forum ProPosts: 12,344Gear list
Re: I am confused
In reply to solveproblems, Apr 6, 2013

solveproblems wrote:

Well, as I understand, some of participants cannot tolerate kisses, and some participants cannot tolerate totalitarism. As for me, I can easily coexist with both of these evils.

Spoken like a true Russian.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 +9 more
albobkin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,821
Re: >>>> Street Photography eXchange ..where is it?
In reply to oneANT, Apr 6, 2013
-- hide signature --

al
I'm on the road right now,i'll answer at monday,sorry.

Sal18
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,199Gear list
Re: I am confused
In reply to bosjohn21, Apr 7, 2013

John, when I click on page 5 it seems to be not this thread, but the sp forum.

Sal

Sal18's gear list:Sal18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Ed Gaillard
Regular MemberPosts: 451
Re: >>>> Street Photography eXchange ..where is it?
In reply to oneANT, Apr 7, 2013

Moderator here:

I've been offline for a while. This thread seems to have gone septic, so I'm locking it until I can figure out what to do about it.

In the meantime, let me make some strong suggestions:

1) A link to the forum rules is at the top of the forum's main page. If you think a post violates the rules, use the "complain" button underneath the post to call it to the moderators' attention. Do not add a post to the thread complaining about the problematic post.

2) If you have a problem with another forum member, put them on your 'ignore' list, or contact them by PM to hash things out. Do not make posts about your personal conflict.

3) If you have a problem with how moderation is being done, and cannot resolve it by PMs with the moderators, use the "Feedback" link at the bottom of the page to contact the site administrators, or PM a site admin directly. The admins are interested to hear well-founded complaints about moderation.

Thank you,
Ed Gaillard

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads