Recommendations: color-laser-scanning printer For A4 paper, Apple, 100-500 $

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions
Nimenion
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Recommendations: color-laser-scanning printer For A4 paper, Apple, 100-500 $
Apr 2, 2013

Hi!

I'm not printing a lot, so I thilk I'll need a reliable laser printer, able to print in colors, sometimes fotos, for family use.

I'm a Apple user, so the printer should be Apple friendly as well. I'd rather buy bigger color tanks and pay some more for quality thanwill purchase a cheap piece of something. Please recommend, if you have good experiences!

Thank you!

Serhat Abaci
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommendations: color-laser-scanning printer For A4 paper, Apple, 100-500 $
In reply to Nimenion, Apr 2, 2013

I am a freelancing IT-Consultatnt in Hamburg Germany and have various customers whom I support regarding mac, pc, backup and printer of course.

Previously I always suggested the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 / 8600 modells as a standalone multifunction printing and scan unit, but this changed know to the Epson Workforce Pro Models.

I have successfully installed 3 of these units at my customers office.

I myself own the Epson Workforce 4545 Modell.

Its a Injket Printer, not a Laser at all but the Ink-Cartrigeds are huge compared to normal desktop size printers or AIO machines.

They print relialble, fast and the multifucntions options are flawlessly integrated into various operating system like os x , windows, android and also iOS.

The prints are waterproof since the ink is pigment based.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CB33201

this is the unit i would suggest.

How much do you actually print per week/month?

Serhat Abaci's gear list:Serhat Abaci's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Epson Artisan 50 Epson Artisan 835 Epson PictureMate Charm +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nimenion
Like?
Re: Recommendations: color-laser-scanning printer For A4 paper, Apple, 100-500 $
In reply to Serhat Abaci, Apr 4, 2013

The use could be like

- printing documents b/w from a couple of papers to maybe 80 max (double-sided woyud be great indeed!)

- some color material for kid's schoolwork

- some color pictures from camera

B/W is every week, but not daily basis, color perhaps just once in a two weeks or so ... therefore I think laser could be better than ink.

Nimenion
Like?
In reply to Nimenion, Apr 6, 2013

And, if the scannning color-laser-printers are stupid, I could be happy with just a clever color-laser.

Nimenion
Like?
In reply to Nimenion, Apr 16, 2013

Still in a need for a good laser-color-printer ... with a clever scanner, if possible. Not so much for foto-prints, so preferably laser.

xrdbear
xrdbear MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,624
Like?
In reply to Nimenion, Apr 16, 2013

Nimenion wrote:

Still in a need for a good laser-color-printer ... with a clever scanner, if possible. Not so much for foto-prints, so preferably laser.

I'm blissfully happy with my Kyocera FS-C5100DN but it has no scanner of course. It actually prints photos extremely well as a bonus.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Nimenion
Like?
In reply to xrdbear, Apr 24, 2013

So I ended up with the new Canon MX925 ... so far so good. Not laser, but I think I'll manage.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads