Fstop Kenti or guru

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions
juliemeikle
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Fstop Kenti or guru
Apr 1, 2013

I want to carry a Canon 5D mk III with 24-105, 17-40, 70-200f4 and possibly also a 8-15, a flash and cables etc as well as a light jacket, lunch and bit and bobs

i like the Kenti access do you think it will all fit. s it bigger than the Lowepro Slingshot 200?

Would the Guru be a better fit.

I am boring myself with looking at bags, I am all researched out And just cannot decide. I cannot find a shop that has may other bags in stock and I am nowhere near the onlu UK dealer with fstop bags

All ideas welcome, thanks

juliemeikle's gear list:juliemeikle's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +15 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
alFR
Regular MemberPosts: 286
Like?
Re: Fstop Kenti or guru
In reply to juliemeikle, Apr 2, 2013

I'd go on their support forum and ask: I've been looking at their bags too and the support folk seem quite happy to try various combinations of gear in the bags and take photos of it so you can see if it will fit, how much space there is after the gear is in the bag etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
juliemeikle
Like?
In reply to alFR, Apr 7, 2013

I ordered the Guru with a medium slope insert. It arrived a day later with no postage charge. The stockists in UK are the main Paramo dealers and they were incredibly helpful. I got the last Guru in the UK.

It is very well made. the ICU is a snug fit with velcro attachment points so it does not slide around. There is ample room for a spare top and lunch As well as the gear I wanted to lug about.

i have not used it yet, but it feels comfortable and solid.  The gatekeepers are out of stock as are the rain covers. The material is pretty water resistant and the shop suggested I just buy a rain cover from any outdoor shop which is good cost saving advice. I think I have one somewhere so I will try it for size.

I would like to rig up some gatekeeper alternatives so I will have a look to see what might be possible.

So far I am pleased. I must confess to being tempted by the larger one as well.....but don't let on as these are very expensive bags and the Guru will be big enough for the vast majority of  the time.

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +15 more
alFR
Like?
In reply to juliemeikle, Apr 7, 2013

Good to know you got good service and that the bag is good quality. Could you tell me who you ordered from? I had thought that the only place you could get the f-stop bags in the uk was from the Paramo shop in Covent Garden.

juliemeikle
Like?
In reply to alFR, Apr 8, 2013

Yes over the phone from Paramo in Covent garden, but they also have a shop in Wadhurst, East Sussex. The bag came from Sussex and the ICU from London. Just been really bad and ordered a Loka....I may send the Guru back as it does not give as much room for coats etc as I thought with a medium ICU in place. Trouble is I may end up keeping both!

I need to sell some bags to make room.

alFR
Like?
In reply to juliemeikle, Apr 9, 2013

Thanks, it's good to know you can mail order from them as neither shop is anywhere near me! Be interested to hear your thoughts on the Loka when you get it.

juliemeikle
Like?
In reply to alFR, Apr 9, 2013

The Loka arrived today. i only ordered it yesterday. I got home late this evening so, although I have unpacked it, I have only given it a once over. There is a lot more space and pleanty of attachment straps on the outside.

So far I think it is a better size for me. More tomorrow!

It will take a lot od willpower to send the Guru back though.  They only had the black Lokas in stock, I would have preferred the green, but the black is fine. It is very well made and comfortable.

Where are you based ? You would be welcome to have a look at my Loka if you are near...although that is probably not likely as I am in North Norfolk so kind of out on a limb really!

whilst I still have the guru they are out of stock so if you want one of those and I do send it back let them know that you know one is on it's way!. I will post more when I have had the chance to play more.

alFR
Like?
In reply to juliemeikle, Apr 11, 2013

Thanks, but I'm in the northwest so that's not too practical.

I think the Guru would be too small for me (I'd like a good amount of room in addition to the camera compartment for gear) but the Loka would be about right I think. Be good to hear what else you can get in there along with the medium ICU.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads