Ultra wide portable background?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions
Mark A. Small
Contributing MemberPosts: 582
Like?
Ultra wide portable background?
Apr 1, 2013

Does anyone have a suggestion for a very wide portable background?  Ii photograph a lot of dancers and I am looking for something 15' wide, white and that can form a nice clean line with the floor or a piece of seamless that I lay on the floor.

thanks.

Mark

-- hide signature --

its all about creating a place you can be yourself, and in an instant, allowing me to capture you as art...
www.markandrewimages.com

Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,222Gear list
Like?
Re: Ultra wide portable background?
In reply to Mark A. Small, Apr 2, 2013

Several strips of seamless cut off and taped together with a little overlap then taped lengthwise to the wall and floor.

Overlap so that the overlap throws the least the least possible shadow.  Not sure about the wall but for the floor overlap the one closest to the camera on top the one furthest from the camera.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
robertfel
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mark A. Small, Apr 2, 2013

Put the seamless paper up horizontally.

robertfel's gear list:robertfel's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +9 more
Mark A. Small
Contributing MemberPosts: 582
Like?
In reply to robertfel, Apr 11, 2013

Thanks for your comments.  The problem with putting seamless paper up horizontally is it isn't easy and in some cases it isn't possible depending on the walls.  I shoot in dance studios frequently and the dance barres typically run the circumference of the room.  So while it is a good, inexpensive solution - it won't work for me.

If anyone else has any experience or solutions with this, I'd appreciate your advise.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

its all about creating a place you can be yourself, and in an instant, allowing me to capture you as art...
www.markandrewimages.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads