Rumor: Olympus E-PEN 1S

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions
Caroliano
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Rumor: Olympus E-PEN 1S
Apr 1, 2013

Olympus may be preparing a new mirror less to compete above the m4/3 ones. It will have a full frame sensor, clearly showing that it isn't a toy camera for children, and will look really well in forum signs and any equipment description. Plus, it will come with a large diameter zoom, that is relatively compact when tucked in, but that can extend to more double it's original size for shotting in exciting moments!

The name was took from the Pen E-P1 m4/3 camera, but enlarged and with a S for Speed and Sharpeness! Olympus E-PEN 1S, just looking at it's name you can see how serious this new camera is!

Olympus PEN E-P1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Caroliano
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: Rumor: Olympus E-PEN 1S
In reply to Caroliano, Apr 1, 2013

(Sorry, today I couldn't resist.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,007Gear list
Like?
In reply to Caroliano, Apr 1, 2013

I heard from my rep who is close friends with an engineer at Olympus that the forthcoming OM-D 1S is a 35mm diagonal square format sensor which means there is no need for a portrait grip on this camera! It will also fit all the Zuiko 4/3rds lenses with optional 0.4x speed booster adapter that incorporates fast PDAF and gives a 2 stop speed increase to all lenses. So the 35-100mm f2 will become a 14-40mm f1.4 with adapter! When used without the adapter the lens will act like the standard 35-100mm f2 in 4/3rds crop mode.

It's an exciting day for Olympus shooters indeed.

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
yiorgos eressios
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
In reply to SirSeth, Apr 1, 2013

I am not an expert but I wonder if the image circle of the 4/3 lens could cover a 35mm diagonal. After all I believe we all deserve something more than rumors and magazine predictions (the comment goes straight to the company) Anyway sharing any rumors with us is more than welcome. Thank you.

yiorgos eressios's gear list:yiorgos eressios's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 636Gear list
Like?
In reply to Caroliano, Apr 3, 2013

Caroliano wrote:

(Sorry, today I couldn't resist.)

Save your Pen E's to buy one

Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,925Gear list
Like?
In reply to Caroliano, Apr 3, 2013

Caroliano wrote:

Olympus may be preparing a new mirror less to compete above the m4/3 ones. It will have a full frame sensor, clearly showing that it isn't a toy camera for children, and will look really well in forum signs and any equipment description. Plus, it will come with a large diameter zoom, that is relatively compact when tucked in, but that can extend to more double it's original size for shotting in exciting moments!

The name was took from the Pen E-P1 m4/3 camera, but enlarged and with a S for Speed and Sharpeness! Olympus E-PEN 1S, just looking at it's name you can see how serious this new camera is!

A rumor on April Fool's Day....perhaps a marriage made in heaven....or hell.  

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads