Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Nikkor adapter for NEX-6
Apr 1, 2013

I have the following Nikkor lenses:

Nikon 18mm - 55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX Lens

Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED Lens

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G DSLR Lens

Of all the adapters that would work with these lenses and allow me to change aperture which adapter is..

(a) the most compact

(b) the cheapest

(c) the most functional in terms of speed, AF, etc.

Cheers.

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Espadon
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: Nikkor adapter for NEX-6
In reply to mgn2, Apr 1, 2013

I've had very good results with a Fotodiox adapter and the Nikon 35 f/1.8 on my NEX 6.  It was under $40 on Amazon and you can adjust aperture, but keep in mind that focus and exposure are manual, just like in "the old days".  But the NEX 6 offers plenty of focusing assistance with focus peaking.  I wrote about my experience with it here: Sony, meet Nikon.  The 35 is the only lens I kept from my DSLR outfit and I'm glad I did.  Good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DRode
Senior MemberPosts: 2,815
Like?
In reply to mgn2, Apr 2, 2013

I ordered the RainbowImaging Nikon G AFS lenses to Sony E-Mount  to use with my Sigma 150mm marco. Like Nikon "G" lenses, the Sigma 150mm has no aperture ring. I mounted the lens and adapter and was happily taking pictures in seconds.  The only real issue is that I have to guess at the aperture. The aperture adjustment swings from min to max aperture and anywhere in between but there is nothing to indicate a specific aperture. AFAIK, this is a common issue for any G lenses and adapters. I miss the old aperture rings.

Regardless, the camera metered correctly and everything worked flawlessly.

-- hide signature --
hazMatt019
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
In reply to DRode, Apr 2, 2013

Which one did they send you, the Fotasy or the one in the main pic with the white  ring?

hazMatt019's gear list:hazMatt019's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
DRode
Senior MemberPosts: 2,815
Like?
In reply to hazMatt019, Apr 2, 2013

The adapter I received looks exactly like the picture. While the ring may appear to be white, it's actually silver and appears to be polished aluminium.  I don't recall seeing any logo for Fotasy or Rainbowimaging on the adapter. I think it just says "Nikon - NEX" or something similar.

hazMatt019 wrote:

Which one did they send you, the Fotasy or the one in the main pic with the white  ring?

-- hide signature --
Landsandgrooves
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
In reply to DRode, Apr 2, 2013

Beware!  I have the Fotodiox, and it has a bad light leak.  If you are outdoors, and the sun is at the right angle to hit the adapter right at the "lever" you push to remove the lens, you'll get a bad light leak.

If you have one of these, you can see the effect by shining a flashlight on that part while looking at the screen.

I now put a piece gaffer's tape over that section of the adapter when using it.  A big rubber band or elastic wrist band would work, also.

-- hide signature --

Tom Gresham

Landsandgrooves's gear list:Landsandgrooves's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 NEX5R +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads