Panasonic DMC-ZS30 / TZ40 - what's the slowest shutter speed in Manual mode?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions
Beefy_SAFC
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
Panasonic DMC-ZS30 / TZ40 - what's the slowest shutter speed in Manual mode?
Mar 31, 2013

A quick question for anyone already in posession of a Panasonic DMC-ZS30 / TZ40.   What's the slowest shutter speed you're able to achieve in Manual or Shutter Priority mode?

Is the 4 seconds I've seen on Dpreview correct?   This seems strange when you can supposedly get 15 or 30 seconds in Starry Sky mode.

-- hide signature --

Ian (alias 'Beefy')
-----------------------------------------------
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tibet/

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,124
Like?
Re: Panasonic DMC-ZS30 / TZ40 - what's the slowest shutter speed in Manual mode?
In reply to Beefy_SAFC, Mar 31, 2013

Beefy_SAFC wrote:

A quick question for anyone already in posession of a Panasonic DMC-ZS30 / TZ40.   What's the slowest shutter speed you're able to achieve in Manual or Shutter Priority mode?

Is the 4 seconds I've seen on Dpreview correct?   This seems strange when you can supposedly get 15 or 30 seconds in Starry Sky mode.

-- hide signature --

Ian (alias 'Beefy')

Not that it's the same camera, but my ZS19 goes down to 15 sec in Manual, 8 sec in "night scenery", and "Handheld night shot" is supposed to replace "Starry Sky" by stacking multiple shots within the camera.

Hope this helps - these new Scn modes seem to be where cameras are "going" lately.

-Erik

-- hide signature --

'He who hesitates is not only lost - he's miles from the next Exit.'
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
John McCormack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,217Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic DMC-ZS30 / TZ40 - what's the slowest shutter speed in Manual mode?
In reply to Erik Ohlson, Apr 1, 2013

According to the manual you're only choice for longer exposures (> 4sec) is Starry Sky mode, which gives you a choice of either 15 seconds or 30 seconds.

Beefy_SAFC
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
In reply to John McCormack, Apr 2, 2013

John McCormack wrote:

According to the manual you're only choice for longer exposures (> 4sec) is Starry Sky mode, which gives you a choice of either 15 seconds or 30 seconds.

John,

The question was aimed at people who already have the ZS30 / TZ40 to see if the above was correct.   In the past, Panasonic have matched the slowest shutter speed in Starry Sky mode where it's been available.

-- hide signature --

Ian (alias 'Beefy')

ALbino
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
In reply to Beefy_SAFC, Apr 7, 2013

I pulled the camera out this morning to check before I left the house, and in Manual mode I couldn't get anything longer than 4 seconds.  Hope this helps.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads