Just bought one

Started Mar 30, 2013 | User reviews
shigham
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Just bought one
Mar 30, 2013

Just got my XEi plus fuji 18mm lens. Really must rave over this camera. I think the image quality is superior to ones from my EOS 5 mk2. Lens is virtually distortion free, colours are lovely, have it set to Fuji velvia film emulation so it just has a tiny bit of extra saturation - I live in the uk and the weather is so miserable that a little kick to colours is nice. Optical viewfinder lovely to use at night and the flash is remarkably good although not powerfull. I bought an adaptor so I could fit my Contax G series lenses, it is a bit slow to use them after the speed of Fuji autofocus.

I bought the camera as it is so much like Contax G2 in its operation and it does not disappoint would have gone for Pro model but wanted a small camera actually would have bought X100 is lens was wider angle!

Just a few more comments hopefully of use to you all;

It is a shame 18mm is so deep, if it was true pancake , camera more pocketable

When using flash in dark room there is quite a lot of shutter lag-tried to take photos at a party and hard to capture the moment of the dancers

The raw conversion software is a little tricky to begin with but I am ok with it now

I have a mecablitz 3000 system, there does not seem to be an adaptor out there.

Go on spoil yourself and get one !!!!

Old Trafford Manchester - close to Manchester United Ground 400iso  18mm fuji lens

shigham's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Robert Garcia NYC
Contributing MemberPosts: 933Gear list
Like?
Re: Just bought one
In reply to shigham, Mar 30, 2013

5 stars and you just got it? run it through its paces and then report.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads