Can't open multiple raw files from Bridge CS6 ?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions
jfphoto1
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Can't open multiple raw files from Bridge CS6 ?
Mar 30, 2013

Can someone with Photoshop CS6 experience ever encountered the error message when attempting to open multiple  CS2 Raw file from Bridge CS6 file menu "open in camera raw"
"Bridges parent application is not active Bridge requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature "
What is strange is that I can click on a single file and it opens directly into CS6 camera raw with no problems

I am using the most recent Camera Raw 7.4 RC

Thanks in advance
Joel

jfphoto1's gear list:jfphoto1's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
DavePlugh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,416Gear list
Like?
Re: Can't open multiple raw files from Bridge CS6 ?
In reply to jfphoto1, Mar 30, 2013

No I've not seen that error message. It sounds like the error message is saying you need to run the parent application prior to running Bridge at least once. So I assume that means Photoshop.

Stupid question I know but... Have you have run your copy of Photoshop? At least once?

DavePlugh's gear list:DavePlugh's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jfphoto1
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
In reply to DavePlugh, Mar 30, 2013

Yes of course. As I mentioned I can open a single cs2 file from bridge by clicking on it. But if I attempt to open multiple files from the file menu open in camera raw I get that message

jfphoto1's gear list:jfphoto1's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
DavePlugh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,416Gear list
Like?
In reply to jfphoto1, Mar 30, 2013

jfphoto1 wrote:

Yes of course. As I mentioned I can open a single cs2 file from bridge by clicking on it. But if I attempt to open multiple files from the file menu open in camera raw I get that message

I hate to read like a jerk, but....

Opening up a single CS2 file in bridge and then clicking on it will bring you to Adobe Camera RAW. Not necessarily the Photoshop application. So my question remains... Have you gone to your Start menu, selected "Photoshop CS6" and run it?

DavePlugh's gear list:DavePlugh's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,178Gear list
Like?
In reply to DavePlugh, Mar 31, 2013

The standard procedure is:

1- In Bridge, Highlight all the files you want to convert (shift key)

2- At the very top of ACR, check "All".

The files will then be converted one after the other. Mine take less than 1 second each (16 bit), but I have a very fast computer. 30 raw fifes takes 20 seconds.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +19 more
BrotoF
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
In reply to jfphoto1, Mar 31, 2013

I have the same message even if I try to open a single RAW file using the command 'Open in Camera RAW'. I guess it's a bug with some Bridge dll file. But I do the following in Bridge: I select one (or more raw) file(s) and I doubleclick on this file (or on any one if you have many files selected). This does the job properly...

Expertpro
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to jfphoto1, May 7, 2013

I have had the same problem, I could not open multiple raw files from Bridge CS6. The solution is simple:

- Select all files (or any files you want to select)

- Right click on any file and choose open (do not chose "open in camera raw" as you will receive the error)

and voila, problem solved

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads