>>>Saturday B&W Thread - 3/30/2013>>>

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions
snap
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,928Gear list
Like?
Re: Re the power
In reply to tonybax, Apr 2, 2013

Tony - I could feel the power of the Storm Surge! Perfect timing on this shot with maximum impact! Nice!

Rick

snap's gear list:snap's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
snap
Like?
Re: just cute B&W
In reply to skimble, Apr 2, 2013

Siggi - these are cute! Now is this a Roo or a Wallaby? You Aussies have so many marsupials - I can't keep up. I just see them on TV and say "That's a Hopper". 

Rick

Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 +19 more
snap
Like?
Re: Urban Cowboy LX3
In reply to ToneM, Apr 2, 2013

Tone - that's quite a unique setting. A Western Club with Canadian Cowboys - and British flavored Public House - a Pub w/ Hee Haw Entertainment!

I need a glass of Ale - and I need to lie down! 

Nice street shot!

Rick

snap
Like?
Re: Holi
In reply to Deepak Kaw, Apr 2, 2013

Beautifully captured Human Interaction, Deepak! Excellent - expressions and all!

Rick

snap
Like?
Re: lull before the storm
In reply to pierre1, Apr 2, 2013

Superb clarity and tonal range a la Film Noir! C'est Photographie Artistique! Beautiful!

Rick

snap
Like?
Re: In camera Pano _ LX7
In reply to pierrep, Apr 2, 2013

Pierre - excellent Panoramic! You've got the exposure spot on and matched very well throughout the frames. Nice!

I've tried the in camera pano and I keep getting vertical lines - arggggh!  

Rick

snap
Like?
Re: W&B
In reply to Lechero, Apr 2, 2013

Nice capture, Eduardo! Now what is the odds of finding a black and a white water bird posing together? Good catch!

Rick

snap
Like?
Re: >B&W 3/30/2013> Windy view
In reply to windmillgolfer, Apr 2, 2013

Stuart - this is a gorgeous image! The clouds above, the foreground Windmill and all those houses lined up off in the distance! Is this on the continent? Beautiful shot!

Rick

morepix
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,191Gear list
Like?
Metacomment
In reply to snap, Apr 2, 2013

Rick,

You get a lot of practice at articulating thoughtful comments about all the photos, of whatever merit, folks post in your thread. It must be equally useful as shooting photos of your own. Well done! And thanks for taking over this weekly thread, for however long you're willing to keep it up..

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10
in_focus
Forum ProPosts: 18,044
Like?
Re: Stockholm, Old Town
In reply to yellodog, Apr 2, 2013

Lovely image, Mark.. beautiful capture of old architecture, the feel of past days is boosted by the tree in the square and pub (in proper old days manner)named "Under (horse)chestnut" .. really like the play of light on the walls.. well spotted and expertly processed, thank you for sharing ..

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Like?
Re: B&W in Color - Siggi, Stuart, Carizi, David, David, Frank, Tone, Lee, Rick..
In reply to in_focus, Apr 2, 2013

Thank you all, guys appreciate your kind opinions and suggestions ..

Thanks for looking, cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

windmillgolfer
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,515Gear list
Like?
Re: >B&W 3/30/2013> Windy view

Thanks Rick. This is Lytham Windmill, about 1.5 miles from my front door. The windmill is a landmark and sits on a wonderful stretch of grass edged promenade that runs for about 3/4 mile. We're on the NW coast of the UK.  If you're a golfer it is the home of the Royal Lytham St Annes golf course where, every 10 years or so, the Open Golf Championship is hosted.

-- hide signature --
 windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
in_focus
Like?
Re: Maton Season
In reply to sightandsounds, Apr 2, 2013

Very mysterious, to my liking also inspiring image, Trent .. seeing these fine instruments one feels as making some music, LOL .. lovely composition and fine detail.. well captured and processed, thank you for sharing ..

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Like?
Re: Re the power
In reply to tonybax, Apr 2, 2013

Beautifully documented power of North sea(?), Tony.. for a moment I thought it would be nice to see this "explosion" in colors, but than I realized it would be probably all B&W tones on a gay stormy day as this one  .. well done, thank you for sharing..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Like?
Re: thanks guys here is one more with the Lx3
In reply to skimble, Apr 2, 2013

Indeed a cute series, Siggi.. really like the expression on the face of the first guy - I can see pure curiosity and interest.. did (s)he follow you afterwards? (LOL, just kidding!) ..excellent work, thank you for sharing - slightly belated   - Happy Easter to you as well ..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Like?
Re: Urban Cowboy LX3
In reply to ToneM, Apr 2, 2013

Fine image, Tone.. well captured the sad looking "daytime" impression of attractive looking (thanks to some neon and tunes) place in the night time  .. the story is completed with a taxicab waiting to take somebody home to face the "truth"(read - a wife, LOL)..well spotted and processed, thank you for sharing ..

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Like?
Re: Holi
In reply to Deepak Kaw, Apr 2, 2013

Perfect capture of a precious moment, Deepak.. thank you for sharing ..

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

in_focus
Like?
Re: lull before the storm
In reply to pierre1, Apr 2, 2013

Permission granted, welcome on board, Pierre .. looking at your gallery, we should hold on and get ready for a Storm of fine work heading our way.. lovely images posted today, including the Botanical garden panorama ..

Kind regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

skimble
Senior MemberPosts: 6,173Gear list
Like?
thanks Bruno, Lee and Rick

It is a Kangaroo not a wallaby

skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
in_focus
Like?
Re: W&B
In reply to Lechero, Apr 2, 2013

Excellent capture, Eduardo.. agree with Rick about exceptional catch! Lovely composition and demanding exposure.. seems the two guys are ignoring each other, LOL .. beautiful work, thank you for posting and sharing ..

Kind regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads