San Francisco Fuji x100s shot in the last few days

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions
Howard Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 284
Like?
San Francisco Fuji x100s shot in the last few days
Mar 30, 2013

Hi,

I've been testing out my new Fuji X100s and I had a few ideas that I thought I'd jot down and share with you. I've read some reviews and for the most part I agree but I have a few of my own things to add too.

The Fuji has it's quirks but I'm quickly getting used to it. Like all new cameras and brands that are unfamiliar to me, the menu's and buttons need a little practice. I find the Fuji under exposes occasionally by about 2/3rds of a stop and that the I'm over-reliant on the EVF rather than use the OVF which I'd personally prefer to use. The OOC Jpegs are excellent and although I'm shooting both Jpeg and Raw.

I'm annoyed that the Fuji compatible lens hood has to be removed when using the flash and the AF selector switch should have it's own button away from the menu so if you're zone focussing you don't press a different button. The function button is best for me as the ND which is used a fair bit when shooting in good light.

Until I print the shots out I can't say whether the shots looks truly filmic, but at the moment I'm very impressed. I normally use a Leica but I decided to just test out the Fuji for this trip. It's quick and easy and the quality is excellent... maybe not quite as 3D as my old Leica M9, but lovely none the less.

Here are my first few so far from a ten day holiday with my family, not necessarily my faves but show the colour/b and w off and I think, potential really well. Let me know your thoughts.

Hope you like.

Howard

Dusk over San Francisco Bay

Fisherman's Wharf

B

Pier in the morning mist

Macy's top floor

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
skimble
Senior MemberPosts: 6,173Gear list
Like?
Re: San Francisco Fuji x100s shot in the last few days
In reply to Howard Shooter, Mar 30, 2013

Nice series 

skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jonnie burtoft
Regular MemberPosts: 473
Like?

Love the Macy's photo, I really like the Fuji files in b&w. Cheers jon

NachoYogi
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?

Nice set, thanks for sharing. Keep them coming.

By the way, how was that clam chowder?

NachoYogi's gear list:NachoYogi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
Howard Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 284
Like?
In reply to NachoYogi, Mar 30, 2013

Chowder was rich but great!... thanks for asking.

thanks for all your comments... more on the way.

best

Howard

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads