7100 college lacrosse sample pix

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions
wasswhat
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
7100 college lacrosse sample pix
Mar 29, 2013

Had a chance to shoot some New England college lacrosse yesterday afternoon. Conditions were challenging -- dark clouds and drizzle with snowbanks for background. Shot JPEG fine with Sigma 100-300 f4, manual with auto ISO, which climbed steadily as evening approached. Was very pleased with the handling and autofocus of the 7100. These are uncropped and have no noise reduction, only slight shadow recovery and minor sharpening in ViewNX. Comments welcome.

-- hide signature --
poidog73
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: 7100 college lacrosse sample pix
In reply to wasswhat, Mar 29, 2013

Thanks for sharing - how was the focus tracking an athlete running towards you? Any comments appreciated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
wasswhat
Like?
In reply to poidog73, Mar 29, 2013

poidog73 wrote:

Thanks for sharing - how was the focus tracking an athlete running towards you? Any comments appreciated.

I thought it held focus very well. But keep in mind I'm coming from a D90 that I felt lagged when shooting an oncoming athlete. I kept shutter speed over 1/1000 and used 9pt focus. I'm shooting another game tomorrow and hoping for better light.

-- hide signature --
poidog73
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?

Thanks, look forward to your results and thoughts after your next shoot.

herbymel
Senior MemberPosts: 3,438Gear list
Like?
In reply to poidog73, Mar 29, 2013

Looks pretty good...how was your success rate for the shots you took. Always thought it was a fun sport.

inlawbiker
Contributing MemberPosts: 786Gear list
Like?

Thanks for posting, I'm hoping to hear more about this.  I'm looking to replace my D5100 with D7100 for Lacrosse, baseball and other sports.

inlawbiker's gear list:inlawbiker's gear list
Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
wasswhat
Like?
In reply to herbymel, Mar 29, 2013

Success rate was limited more by the photographer than the camera. I was very happy with focus acquisition and ability to track a player in a crowd. I'll post again after shooting in better light.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads