Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,847
Like?
Video link in my post above...
In reply to websnail, May 1, 2013

websnail wrote:

Flcardtrader wrote:

As follow-up to my post last night.....

I started off the morning looking at the video posted above showing how to clean the pads and wiper blade.

I was very happy to see that, upon examination of my wiper blade, it was caked with ink and an extremely likely source of the ink destined to ruin my print.

Unlike the above video based on the R1400, I found the blade in the R3000 to be black. That wasn't a helpful color to let me know the blade was clean, however, it was no longer picking up ink when I dabbed it with a q-tip or paper towel stuck into a hemostat.

I printed 4 prints last night and they all globbed.

After cleaning the blade and sopping up as much ink from the sponge, I have printed 4 of the same prints this morning and none of them globbed.

It might just be that the R3000 requires a lot of TLC - which is a whole lot less expensive than going after a 3880.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but based on my experience of other Epson pigment type printers it all sounds a lot like the waste ink system is backing up resulting in:

• ink soiling the underside of the printhead
  • the deposits drying and creating a sort of ink drip trap/"hook" for new ink droplets to form

Has anyone tried using the passive printhead cleaning technique from Art Entlich where you fold a small piece of absorbent kitchen paper towel soaked in a cleaning solution and place it under the printhead in the cleaning/resting station. A little manual back and forth motion to clear the cr*p off the printhead base would remove any dried deposits.

After that, checking the resting/cleaning pad area for pooling or puddling of ink from ink cleaning would probably be an idea.

NOTE: I'm aware that there are some sensors in printhead carriage assemblies that can get soiled when using the cleaning technique above, thus creating an error, so this is very much at your own peril!

Hasten to add this is all completely outside the box thinking but thought I'd chip in, in case it nudged someone else towards a solution.

shows you how to do it.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,847
Like?
Keep us posted.....
In reply to Santelia, May 1, 2013

Santelia wrote:

Well, for anyone that may still be interested, today after a very long and frustrating wait for Epson's answer the service shop called me and said Epson was sending out a new unit. As you may have read they had sent a refurbished unit that was far from working correctly, I had told the service place that I was not going to wait past this Friday, if no action by Epson then I told them return my money since I did not have a working unit and that I would move on, my plan once I get it will be to review all the tips provided by the experienced folks on the forum and do my best to keep it running smoothly (no easy task) from everything I have read. Thanks all for your help and I will post once the printer is up and running.

-- hide signature --

Sante

hopefully the new printer will work out just fine!

Bob P.

Santelia
Regular MemberPosts: 177
Like?
Re: Keep us posted.....
In reply to Petruska, May 4, 2013

Today I finally picked up the new printer sent by Epson, once it was up and running, I just printed and printed once again just amazed at the colors produced by this printer, I just hope it will continue to be this way for a long time. Epson came through after  a long 2 1/2  months, considering it had been well over a year since I had purchased the R3000. Cost of replacement $398.00 which is what the shop charged for their services.

-- hide signature --

Sante

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads