X10/X20 Comparison Shots

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions
nicknd99
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
X10/X20 Comparison Shots
Mar 28, 2013

Here are four shots (w each from X10 & X10) shot in EXR M and M respectively.  One set is set to auto white balance, the other custom.  All four shots are SOOC JPEG, NR-2.

X10 in EXR M AWB

X10 in EXR "M" AWB

X10 in EXR "M" Custom White Balance

X20 "M" AWB

X20 "M" Custom White Balance

nicknd99's gear list:nicknd99's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X30 +16 more
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
nicknd99
Like?
Re: X10/X20 Comparison Shots
In reply to nicknd99, Mar 28, 2013

Here are a couple shot at 100 ISO, M (non EXR for X10), SOOC JPEG, Fine, NR-2 w/custom white balance set (room lighting is overhead CFL).

X10

X20

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Steve36
Senior MemberPosts: 2,195Gear list
Like?
 Steve36's gear list:Steve36's gear list
Fujifilm X10
Natich
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?

To my eyes the x10 is clearly the winner. More detail in the lens cap, text on lefthand is clearer, plastic bag is better defined as well as the paper clips on the right. Hmmm...and I just bought the x20. I know it's only a sample of one but in this instance it really makes me wonder if fuji improved things with the x20 or not...

Photofreak7
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,703
Like?
In reply to Natich, Mar 28, 2013

Surely the X20 from what I've seen isn't the killer cam that Fuji has said and def not enough in the IQ dept to warrant the cost ... especially jpg to jpg where the X10 was probably one of the best to date of any cameras I've owned.

MrMotivations
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
In reply to Photofreak7, Mar 28, 2013

Hi, Nicknd99,

I found these comparisons to be useful and fairly represented. You used settings which were stable between takes, cameras.

I own an x10.  To my old eyes, as a result of viewing your offerings, it appears that there are noticeable shading differences between the cameras, settings, and are mostly noticeable in the grey areas. Whether one is "better" than the other, based on the greys, I think that call is subjective.

I think the x20 demonstrates more detail in the coffee cup in all shots.

Thanks again for the posting.

-- hide signature --

MrMotivations

MrMotivations's gear list:MrMotivations's gear list
ACDSee Pro 5
nicknd99
Like?
In reply to MrMotivations, Mar 28, 2013

Thanks!

Everyone please keep in mind that my experience and knowledge when performing such tests is limited, but I did my best to keep consistent.  BTW, the focus point of the shot is (attempted to be) the "Yashica" label.  I find a bit more detail in the X20 in the second set shot at 100 ISO.  Since I am a JPEG shooter, I have been paying particular attention to discussions on the X20's performance in this department.  That being said there are other things that the X20 brings to the user that I really enjoy such as the LCD overlay in the OVF, potential for faster AF in good light via PDAF, focus peaking (although I use mostly AF), etc.  Speaking for myself, I think I'm in a paralysis by analysis stage.  This is obviously my problem, and not the camera's doing.  I should have been patient and waited for early adopter feedback instead of being an early adopter myself 

HL48
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
In reply to nicknd99, Mar 29, 2013

nicknd99 wrote:

Thanks!

Everyone please keep in mind that my experience and knowledge when performing such tests is limited, but I did my best to keep consistent.  BTW, the focus point of the shot is (attempted to be) the "Yashica" label.  I find a bit more detail in the X20 in the second set shot at 100 ISO.  Since I am a JPEG shooter, I have been paying particular attention to discussions on the X20's performance in this department.  That being said there are other things that the X20 brings to the user that I really enjoy such as the LCD overlay in the OVF, potential for faster AF in good light via PDAF, focus peaking (although I use mostly AF), etc.  Speaking for myself, I think I'm in a paralysis by analysis stage.  This is obviously my problem, and not the camera's doing.  I should have been patient and waited for early adopter feedback instead of being an early adopter myself 

Thanks for the photos. At the edge of the lens cap, I see substantially more detail in the first of your pictures than in the other 3. But I have no idea what that means. Either all these pictures are good enough or none or them are. I think the LCD overlay and the faster AF make this a camera that will be  more fun to use. Enjoy it.

Harry

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads