Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions
StevenN
Contributing MemberPosts: 969Gear list
Like?
Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
Mar 27, 2013

Yesterday I happened to see a link to a blog by Ming Thien, who, from what I can see, is a well-respected photographer and reviewer of photo equipment. In one particular blog, he gives  thumbnail reviews of dozens of cameras, some complete with a photo of the camera.

To make a long story short, I was dismayed by his terse and largely negative review of Panasonic's GH3 which I reprint here in its entirety:

"Panasonic GH3 (Feb 2013, 6/10) – Great image quality – same sensor as the OM-D – and very fast AF; so-so, hollow-feeling build quality and a terrible UI and button layout. Terrible EVF due to poor quality optics; the add-on LVF2 for the GX and LX series cameras is much, much better, and neither matches the clarity of the OM-D. The target market of videographers are bound to be unhappy as rolling shutter artefacts are terrible. Personally, I just couldn’t get along with this camera – it felt more like a consumer appliance than a photographer’s tool."

Ming gives the GH3 a 6/10 rating, the same rating he gives the Canon SD780IS point 'n' shoot camera.

I wonder how much time he actually spent shooting with the GH3? And I can understand that after playing with Canon 1DsIII's and Nikon D4's all day that a GH3 in comparison can feel somewhat of a lightweight, but a "hollow-feeling build quality?"

I have owned cameras since I was 5 years old, and the GH3 is one of the most solidly-constructed cameras I've ever owned. And as for the much-argued-about EVF, the one on my GH3 is very sharp, bright and clear.

Not to take away from Ming's expertise, because he seems quite knowledgeable, but the GH3 sure feels like a "photographer's tool" to me.

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,024Gear list
Like?
Has already been discussed here at great length
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

My take:

Ming is a very skilled photographer, the Gh3 was still put to good use to him.

As a reviewer I think he lacks an unbiased stance.
- he did not take the camera out ot often because he didn't like to. This gives other camera's a better chance to get aquanted with if he likes them. This personal facto interferes with objectivity
- He is clueless about video. I think GH3 was specially designed and aimed for video. if you don't understand it, you cannot review the cam as whole
- He uses absolutistic remarks on what clearly is subjective. You cannot always use "I think" or "personally" but in my view, he should have doen this much more.

I have seen this before from him. Soform what I have seen from him he should try to me objective and if he does not have the skills to test the camera for what it is aimed for, may be he should leave the reviewing up to those that can putthe cam to the test.

 Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
StevenN
Contributing MemberPosts: 969Gear list
Like?
Re: Ming Thein
In reply to Jorginho, Mar 27, 2013

Jorginho wrote:

My take:

may be he should leave the reviewing up to those that can put the cam to the test.

I agree. Sorry, I didn't know he had been discussed before. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen a post about him (reviewing the LX7).

-- hide signature --

StevenN

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,640Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

It sounds like he got the GH3 confused with some other camera. Maybe an older Nikon camera or something. His conclusions are irrational.

 mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Marathonianbull
Regular MemberPosts: 487Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

Ming Thein is not only a very gifted photographer with rare depth, but also a superlative writer.

"Consumer appliance"... There could be so many meanings to this, like having too many automated elements, feeling too plasticky, working 'flawlessly' as any "consumer appliance" generally does out of the box, not offering enough manual controls, weighing too little in spite of being bulky (lacking optical heaviness), etc. You could ask him and he'll surely answer; I myself was wondering with a certain grim what he meant by that, a month ago!

On the other hand, do not overly care if this remark somewhat sounds pejorative or unrelated to your personal experience. That's HIS BLOG, HIS OPINION (as good as SteveHuff's or KenRockwell's praising litanies, of course followed by commercial links). Ming Thein should therefore say whatever he feels like if that in fact reflects what he really thinks given that his readers are expecting precisely such personal views.

My opinion.

 Marathonianbull's gear list:Marathonianbull's gear list
Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L10 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,079Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to Marathonianbull, Mar 27, 2013

Marathonianbull wrote:

Ming Thein is not only a very gifted photographer with rare depth, but also a superlative writer.

"Consumer appliance"... There could be so many meanings to this, like having too many automated elements, feeling too plasticky, working 'flawlessly' as any "consumer appliance" generally does out of the box, not offering enough manual controls, weighing too little in spite of being bulky (lacking optical heaviness), etc. You could ask him and he'll surely answer; I myself was wondering with a certain grim what he meant by that, a month ago!

On the other hand, do not overly care if this remark somewhat sounds pejorative or unrelated to your personal experience. That's HIS BLOG, HIS OPINION (as good as SteveHuff's or KenRockwell's praising litanies, of course followed by commercial links). Ming Thein should therefore say whatever he feels like if that in fact reflects what he really thinks given that his readers are expecting precisely such personal views.

My opinion.

For every opinion stated there is an equal and opposite reaction (at least), is what goes on here.

I'm sure many will disagree with that, as well as with this.   [g]

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man
.

 Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nacha
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Re: panasonic may have a hollow feel
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

but they are more durable,in my experience than the pro build olympus. all my panys are still functioning well.  fz20, fz7 ,8, tz2.

my most durable  camera is the canon powershot g5 with over 20,000 shutter activations, still used every day at work. my digital elph s300 still works flawlessly

my e1 -dead. broken cf pin. cost of over 350 to repair. 16,000 activations.

e3 dead. broken lcd screen. about 8,000 activations

my new omd feels very solid and nice in hand, but i wouldnt ever consider it to be better built or more durable than the panasonic.

.

 Nacha's gear list:Nacha's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Winston Loo
Contributing MemberPosts: 681Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

StevenN wrote:

Yesterday I happened to see a link to a blog by Ming Thien, who, from what I can see, is a well-respected photographer and reviewer of photo equipment. In one particular blog, he gives  thumbnail reviews of dozens of cameras, some complete with a photo of the camera.

To make a long story short, I was dismayed by his terse and largely negative review of Panasonic's GH3 which I reprint here in its entirety:

"Panasonic GH3 (Feb 2013, 6/10) – Great image quality – same sensor as the OM-D – and very fast AF; so-so, hollow-feeling build quality and a terrible UI and button layout. Terrible EVF due to poor quality optics; the add-on LVF2 for the GX and LX series cameras is much, much better, and neither matches the clarity of the OM-D. The target market of videographers are bound to be unhappy as rolling shutter artefacts are terrible. Personally, I just couldn’t get along with this camera – it felt more like a consumer appliance than a photographer’s tool."

Ming gives the GH3 a 6/10 rating, the same rating he gives the Canon SD780IS point 'n' shoot camera.

I wonder how much time he actually spent shooting with the GH3? And I can understand that after playing with Canon 1DsIII's and Nikon D4's all day that a GH3 in comparison can feel somewhat of a lightweight, but a "hollow-feeling build quality?"

I have owned cameras since I was 5 years old, and the GH3 is one of the most solidly-constructed cameras I've ever owned. And as for the much-argued-about EVF, the one on my GH3 is very sharp, bright and clear.

Not to take away from Ming's expertise, because he seems quite knowledgeable, but the GH3 sure feels like a "photographer's tool" to me.

-- hide signature --

This has been mentioned before.  He's biased towards olympus and regularly reviews olympus gear. I tried to comment on his blog to correct some inaccuracies but he censored my response.  That turned me totally off and in My mind, he's a biased reviewer.   a good reviewer will try to be objective.  He isn't.  From the first few lines he already tells you that he didnt even want to do the review.. So why did he?  Did someone PAY him to do it?  Your guess is as good as mine... IMHO, i find him an oly fanboy and I won't bother with his posts in future, because he censors comments that are contrary to his.  It's his blog.  He can do whatever he wants. I just want others to know he doesn't take alternative views..

 Winston Loo's gear list:Winston Loo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
Re: panasonic may have a hollow feel
In reply to Nacha, Mar 27, 2013

Durability can be just an impression, and a deceptive one at that. The most durable looking car I had was an Audi that looked and felt like a tank. However the suspension broke down every year and needed replacing, the 2.5 TDI engine was so fragile it was scary, and the gearbox broke down soon after I bought it. So basically it looked incredibly solid on the outside while being a flimsy PoS where it mattered.

Then again, i have a super-flimsy looking Canon kit zoom lens made in 1987., which still works perfectly.

 danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
pcb_dpr
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

I wouldn't get too worked up or worried about it. It's Ming's blog, his opinion, his decision as to which comments to leave or delete.

I think he's as completely off-base as he could be regarding the GH3 build quality, feel and, especially, UI and handling. Nothing m4/3 I've tried feels or handles better. But that's my opinion, and he's entitled to write whatever he wants on his site.

If all the other reviewers were saying the same thing, Panasonic might have a problem. But overall response has been very positive, and I think the build quality and handling advantages are evident as soon as you hold the camera and use it. UI and handling are always subjective, so there will always be folks who can't get along with something you feel is like second nature.

StevenN wrote:

Yesterday I happened to see a link to a blog by Ming Thien...I was dismayed by his terse and largely negative review of Panasonic's GH3 which I reprint here in its entirety:

"Panasonic GH3 (Feb 2013, 6/10) – Great image quality – same sensor as the OM-D – and very fast AF; so-so, hollow-feeling build quality and a terrible UI and button layout. Terrible EVF...Personally, I just couldn’t get along with this camera – it felt more like a consumer appliance than a photographer’s tool."

Not to take away from Ming's expertise, because he seems quite knowledgeable, but the GH3 sure feels like a "photographer's tool" to me.

gives the GH3 a 6/10 rating, the same rating he gives the Canon SD780IS point 'n' shoot camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,181Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

StevenN wrote:

Yesterday I happened to see a link to a blog by Ming Thien, who, from what I can see, is a well-respected photographer and reviewer of photo equipment. In one particular blog, he gives  thumbnail reviews of dozens of cameras, some complete with a photo of the camera.

To make a long story short, I was dismayed by his terse and largely negative review of Panasonic's GH3 which I reprint here in its entirety:

"Panasonic GH3 (Feb 2013, 6/10) – Great image quality – same sensor as the OM-D – and very fast AF; so-so, hollow-feeling build quality and a terrible UI and button layout. Terrible EVF due to poor quality optics; the add-on LVF2 for the GX and LX series cameras is much, much better, and neither matches the clarity of the OM-D. The target market of videographers are bound to be unhappy as rolling shutter artefacts are terrible. Personally, I just couldn’t get along with this camera – it felt more like a consumer appliance than a photographer’s tool."

Honestly, Mr. Thein is completely right with his judgement. The view finder is indeed the worst of the current mirrorless cameras and that alone is enough to lower the ranking significantly. The ergonomics of the camera is not as great as it looks at first hand. The buttons near the shutter demand more finger acrobatics than the often criticized play and Fn1 buttons of the E-M5 and the FN buttons to the right of the display interfere too much with the display frame. The large wheel at the back side is not comfortable to operate, because it is buried into the back side rubber. For a mirrorless camera, it is for the taste of too many potential buyers too bulky.

In summary, Mr. Theins review is the best review of this camera, I know of, because it tells the truth about it.

Ming gives the GH3 a 6/10 rating, the same rating he gives the Canon SD780IS point 'n' shoot camera.

I wonder how much time he actually spent shooting with the GH3? And I can understand that after playing with Canon 1DsIII's and Nikon D4's all day that a GH3 in comparison can feel somewhat of a lightweight, but a "hollow-feeling build quality?"

I have owned cameras since I was 5 years old, and the GH3 is one of the most solidly-constructed cameras I've ever owned. And as for the much-argued-about EVF, the one on my GH3 is very sharp, bright and clear.

Not to take away from Ming's expertise, because he seems quite knowledgeable, but the GH3 sure feels like a "photographer's tool" to me.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Thomas

 tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree.
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Mar 27, 2013

mpgxsvcd wrote:

It sounds like he got the GH3 confused with some other camera. Maybe an older Nikon camera or something. His conclusions are irrational.

His opinion and rating is clearly biased.


-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,552Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 27, 2013

tgutgu wrote:

Honestly, Mr. Thein is completely right with his judgement. The view finder is indeed the worst of the current mirrorless cameras and that alone is enough to lower the ranking significantly. The ergonomics of the camera is not as great as it looks at first hand. The buttons near the shutter demand more finger acrobatics than the often criticized play and Fn1 buttons of the E-M5 and the FN buttons to the right of the display interfere too much with the display frame. The large wheel at the back side is not comfortable to operate, because it is buried into the back side rubber. For a mirrorless camera, it is for the taste of too many potential buyers too bulky.

In summary, Mr. Theins review is the best review of this camera, I know of, because it tells the truth about it.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

LOL Thanks for the laugh, this forum is boring most of the time.

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

 Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
pdelux
Regular MemberPosts: 373Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 28, 2013

StevenN wrote:

Yesterday I happened to see a link to a blog by Ming Thien, who, from what I can see, is a well-respected photographer and reviewer of photo equipment. In one particular blog, he gives  thumbnail reviews of dozens of cameras, some complete with a photo of the camera.

To make a long story short, I was dismayed by his terse and largely negative review of Panasonic's GH3 which I reprint here in its entirety:

"Panasonic GH3 (Feb 2013, 6/10) – Great image quality – same sensor as the OM-D – and very fast AF; so-so, hollow-feeling build quality and a terrible UI and button layout. Terrible EVF due to poor quality optics; the add-on LVF2 for the GX and LX series cameras is much, much better, and neither matches the clarity of the OM-D. The target market of videographers are bound to be unhappy as rolling shutter artefacts are terrible. Personally, I just couldn’t get along with this camera – it felt more like a consumer appliance than a photographer’s tool."

Ming gives the GH3 a 6/10 rating, the same rating he gives the Canon SD780IS point 'n' shoot camera.

I wonder how much time he actually spent shooting with the GH3? And I can understand that after playing with Canon 1DsIII's and Nikon D4's all day that a GH3 in comparison can feel somewhat of a lightweight, but a "hollow-feeling build quality?"

I have owned cameras since I was 5 years old, and the GH3 is one of the most solidly-constructed cameras I've ever owned. And as for the much-argued-about EVF, the one on my GH3 is very sharp, bright and clear.

Not to take away from Ming's expertise, because he seems quite knowledgeable, but the GH3 sure feels like a "photographer's tool" to me.

-- hide signature --

What more do you want from a Blogger? He's given his honest opinio'n. Thats why you went to his site right? If you were expecting an unbiased technical review dont go to blog sites.. they journal's, the observations and opinions of one person.

 pdelux's gear list:pdelux's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,181Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to Mike Ronesia, Mar 28, 2013

Mike Ronesia wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Honestly, Mr. Thein is completely right with his judgement. The view finder is indeed the worst of the current mirrorless cameras and that alone is enough to lower the ranking significantly. The ergonomics of the camera is not as great as it looks at first hand. The buttons near the shutter demand more finger acrobatics than the often criticized play and Fn1 buttons of the E-M5 and the FN buttons to the right of the display interfere too much with the display frame. The large wheel at the back side is not comfortable to operate, because it is buried into the back side rubber. For a mirrorless camera, it is for the taste of too many potential buyers too bulky.

In summary, Mr. Theins review is the best review of this camera, I know of, because it tells the truth about it.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

LOL Thanks for the laugh, this forum is boring most of the time.

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

You are welcome.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

 tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,067Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Mar 28, 2013

mpgxsvcd wrote:

It sounds like he got the GH3 confused with some other camera. Maybe an older Nikon camera or something. His conclusions are irrational.

Blanket statements like yours are of little use.  What specifically did he say that you think is irrational?

 MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,067Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree.
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Mar 28, 2013

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

It sounds like he got the GH3 confused with some other camera. Maybe an older Nikon camera or something. His conclusions are irrational.

His opinion and rating is clearly biased.


Aleo,

We've discussed how bias is defined before.  Is it your opinion that Ming intentionally wrote a negative review of the GH3, regardless of how he really feels about it?  Or is your notion of bias different?  As I noted before, behavioral scientists have demonstrated that unconscious preferences and biases influence all of our opinions/judgments/decisions.  Imo, there is no such thing as an objective review (unless you are only reporting raw facts, such as physical characteristics).  Obviously, some reviews are more biased than others, but all reviews reflects individual tastes and preferences. So, when you say that he is biased, what exactly is it that are you saying?

 MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,946Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 28, 2013

That's his own opinion, and he's entitled to it.

On the other hand he loves the PEN mini and also the LX-7 in this review:

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/03/25/leica-d-lux-6-panasonic-lx7/

And then, he personally built the "multispectral Sony NEX-5" for IR photography.

Competition: Win the multispectral Sony NEX-5!

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/01/07/bwchallenge/

 captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
amtberg
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,363
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to Winston Loo, Mar 28, 2013

Winston Loo wrote:

This has been mentioned before.  He's biased towards olympus and regularly reviews olympus gear. I tried to comment on his blog to correct some inaccuracies but he censored my response.  That turned me totally off and in My mind, he's a biased reviewer.   a good reviewer will try to be objective.  He isn't.  From the first few lines he already tells you that he didnt even want to do the review.. So why did he?  Did someone PAY him to do it?  Your guess is as good as mine... IMHO, i find him an oly fanboy and I won't bother with his posts in future, because he censors comments that are contrary to his.  It's his blog.  He can do whatever he wants. I just want others to know he doesn't take alternative views..

Agreed.  When a reviewer starts off by saying that he didn't really try out the camera fully because he was just turned off by the "feel" of it ... you can pretty much disregard what follows.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to captura, Mar 28, 2013

captura wrote:

That's his own opinion, and he's entitled to it.

On the other hand he loves the PEN mini and also the LX-7 in this review:

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/03/25/leica-d-lux-6-panasonic-lx7/

And then, he personally built the "multispectral Sony NEX-5" for IR photography.

Competition: Win the multispectral Sony NEX-5!

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/01/07/bwchallenge/

Another Oly Fan Boy, Dump the Nex!

 gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads