First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,140Gear list
Like?
Re: First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)
In reply to Photoon, Mar 28, 2013

why are you being malicious? tjobbe is a well recognized member of this small community and has always proven to be competent in his replies.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ariston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?

Photoon wrote:

Why do I get the feeling he doesn't actually have the camera? After all, how hard is it to snap 10 pictures and post them here? Not sayin, just sayin.

did you just join just to ask this?

Ariston
Like?
In reply to sj2, Mar 28, 2013

sj2 wrote:

Thanks for your reports/feedback. I wish DPReview would simply buy a unit and post a review. I mean American car-makers do not like TopGear's review of their cars sometimes and have tried to stone-wall TopGear. What did they do? Bought cars off a regular dealership and ran their tests.

Can you please post any comparison you may have been able to do on AF speed with other cameras you own?

Thanks!

my package just arrived at the airport. I hope it gets cleared by customs in time and sent to my local post office so that I could pick it up by Saturday. it's a holiday tomorrow which delayed my copy for another 2-4 days instead of waiting for it tomorrow. what a bummer. on the otherhand, I'll say my thoughts about the AF speed in comparison with other cameras.

tecnoworld
Like?
In reply to Ariston, Mar 28, 2013

great, and after testing it for a full day, please send it to me, thanks

Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?

woohoo!

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Knallberto
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?
In reply to sj2, Mar 28, 2013

I wish DPReview would simply buy a unit and post a review.

I NEVER believe reviews.

Reviews always reflect opinion of writer and each writer writes for MONEY (or other interests). I only believe what I tested, not other peoples meaning or writing. Noone can guess YOUR priorities.

Best of reviews are to see the thing from all side & in details.

Knallberto
Like?
Re: First Impression on NX300

I like such photos: someone gets a new camera, unpacks the camera, it is 5 pm, soon dark, it's rainy. He opens window and takes some pictures of backyard trash cans three floors deeper ...

I often saw such gigantic photos ...

Ariston
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 28, 2013

tecnoworld wrote:

great, and after testing it for a full day, please send it to me, thanks

sure. for 799 pounds.

tecnoworld
Like?

grrrrrĀ 

looking forward to reading your comments!

Knallberto
Like?
Re: First Impression on NX300
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 28, 2013

I am 101% sure tjobbe has a NX300, but WHY he should run for hours through this world to get some pictures for the effect, that some users get an wow-orgas*m?

Wait some days und you will see millions of NX300 photos ... or BETTER: buy a NX300 and make pictures for yourself!

dka91
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?
In reply to Knallberto, Mar 28, 2013

That's true, but reviews do give probably the best description of how a camera will perform before an individual has the chance to use it (or purchase it). Additionally reviews are usually invaluable in helping people decide what camera to purchase when they do not have access to said camera. Sure specs help but a review atleast gives you an idea of how the camera might perform.

Now I do agree that reviews are simply an opinion (although one could say quite a qualified opinion when it comes to dpr), and people should not take it as gospel or get irate just because a certain reviewer doesn't like some things with their camera.

dka91's gear list:dka91's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Samsung NX300 Sony a77 II Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +2 more
Knallberto
Like?

haha, joke of the day.

"I must buy this camera, because I found a new firmware for it"

Knallberto
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 28, 2013

viking79 wrote:

I would start a new thread with this "NX300 Focus Peaking Bug" or something and mention what you do to fix it, and maybe developer will see it too

Or a new thread "NX300 white/black = wrong color" .. maybe developers will see it too.

Knallberto
Like?
In reply to wictred, Mar 28, 2013

wow! I saw it! A little bit unsharp and too high ISO.

You should get more practice with LightRoom

timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?

Knallberto wrote:

viking79 wrote:

I would start a new thread with this "NX300 Focus Peaking Bug" or something and mention what you do to fix it, and maybe developer will see it too

Or a new thread "NX300 white/black = wrong color" .. maybe developers will see it too.

Its de rigour to have at least one model available in pink to maintain a system's credibility, all camera manufacturers, reviewers and end users agree on that at least. Although there will be very few of these sold, they have to have it in the range, i beleive theyre called  "halo effect" models.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Ariston
Like?
In reply to dka91, Mar 28, 2013

dka91 wrote:

That's true, but reviews do give probably the best description of how a camera will perform before an individual has the chance to use it (or purchase it). Additionally reviews are usually invaluable in helping people decide what camera to purchase when they do not have access to said camera. Sure specs help but a review atleast gives you an idea of how the camera might perform.

Now I do agree that reviews are simply an opinion (although one could say quite a qualified opinion when it comes to dpr), and people should not take it as gospel or get irate just because a certain reviewer doesn't like some things with their camera.

I think the keyword there is "consistent findings". if the user reviews coincide with other users observation in general, then it is a qualified fact rather than an opinion. when a selected few says otherwise, then they are just there for attention.

Ariston
Like?

Knallberto wrote:

haha, joke of the day.

"I must buy this camera, because I found a new firmware for it"

dka91
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?
Yeah that sounds right [nt]

no text

dka91's gear list:dka91's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Samsung NX300 Sony a77 II Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +2 more
tecnoworld
Like?
In reply to tjobbe, Mar 29, 2013

Something notbasked yet: is the rear screen any better than the previous ones? What are the exact dimensions? Do you feel it can be used with a lcd viewfinder like the ones sold on ebay?

Knallberto
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 29, 2013

Is camera square? Is lens round? Is ISO high? Is camera strap long? ....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads