X100S Video

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions
vibranzeteh
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
X100S Video
Mar 27, 2013

Hey guys,

I just uploaded a video of X100S, I would say it is ungraded as I merely combined all the footages in Premiere Pro without tweaking anything at all.

Hope it is useful to those who like to find out the video quality from X100S especially in low light.

At the moment, only Youtube link is available. I am uploading to Vimeo and will share the link once it is finished.

Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_kktTUKdRY

Thanks.

vibranzeteh's gear list:vibranzeteh's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +2 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
vibranzeteh
Like?
Re: X100S Video
In reply to vibranzeteh, Mar 27, 2013

Vimeo link is up - https://vimeo.com/62776099

Enjoy!

Sony SLT-A99 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Oger
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?

Hey thanks a lot for the video!!!

can you just tell us what settings you used on the X100s?

I guess 30fps?

aperture?

Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,587Gear list
Like?
In reply to Oger, Mar 27, 2013

Its quite good but Fuji needs to add some sort of stabilisation like Sony Steady Shot. Otherwise even though your video is not particularly jittery it is a bit and this detracts from the video result a lot.

Greg.

hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169
Like?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Mar 27, 2013

The inability to set shutter speed caused all neon/fluorescent lights to blink non-stop through out the video. Also the moire is quite horrible. I guess it's ok for a walk but I've seen P&S do better.

Allen Chernack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,266Gear list
Like?

All in all, a good video. Hong Kong looks like N.Y.   I saw the neon flash someone mentioned otherwise I thought it was so steady  that you used a tripod or mono pod.  I'm never that steady.

-- hide signature --

tourretired
Travel in RV when not home.

Allen Chernack's gear list:Allen Chernack's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
vibranzeteh
Like?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Mar 28, 2013

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

Its quite good but Fuji needs to add some sort of stabilisation like Sony Steady Shot. Otherwise even though your video is not particularly jittery it is a bit and this detracts from the video result a lot.

Greg.

Thanks Greg.

It was taken handhold without tripod so yeah, it's not stabilized hence the jittery. The only technique that I used was to make use of the neck strap as a stabilizer.

Cheers.

vibranzeteh
Like?
In reply to Allen Chernack, Mar 28, 2013

Allen Chernack wrote:

All in all, a good video. Hong Kong looks like N.Y.   I saw the neon flash someone mentioned otherwise I thought it was so steady  that you used a tripod or mono pod.  I'm never that steady.

-- hide signature --

tourretired
Travel in RV when not home.

Thanks Allen. HK is a very lively city, some people like some hate.

My trick to make it steady is to hang the strap on my neck and pull the cam all the way in front of my face until the strap strained out and it will make the cam steady.

Btw, I'm shooting using LCD, that's why the trick works. If you are using EVF/OVF then you can't use it.

Cheers.

vibranzeteh
Like?
In reply to Oger, Mar 28, 2013

Oger wrote:

Hey thanks a lot for the video!!!

can you just tell us what settings you used on the X100s?

I guess 30fps?

aperture?

Hi Oger,

You are welcome.

Initially I shoot at 30fps until I found out that it can actually be change, from there on I always h shoot 60fps. The video is kind of mixed between 30fps and 60fps but the template I choose in Premiere Pro is AVCHD 60FPS.

Aperture always set to f2.0. Film mode sometime Pro Neg Hi sometime Velvia.

Cheers.

vibranzeteh
Like?
In reply to hellocrowley, Mar 28, 2013

hellocrowley wrote:

The inability to set shutter speed caused all neon/fluorescent lights to blink non-stop through out the video. Also the moire is quite horrible. I guess it's ok for a walk but I've seen P&S do better.

Which P&S? RX100?

Cheers.

klukkluk
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
In reply to vibranzeteh, Mar 28, 2013

After seeing this video (nicely done btw!) I would like to visit Hongkong. Seems like a vibrant city.

vibranzeteh
Like?
In reply to klukkluk, Apr 1, 2013

klukkluk wrote:

After seeing this video (nicely done btw!) I would like to visit Hongkong. Seems like a vibrant city.

Thanks klukkluk. Yes, it's a must visit country. Just pack and go!

ralphdaily
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
In reply to vibranzeteh, Apr 1, 2013

Thank you for posting, the HK videos were very interesting.  I've always been interested in HK.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads