Help with exhibiting in a challenging place

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions
StaTor
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Help with exhibiting in a challenging place
Mar 26, 2013

I will soon exhibit my work in a very challenging space: it's street level, facing north and I need to hang my prints in the window. Large window surface is devided by metal in to frames 37in x 40in (95cm x 102cm). And there are 4 of those window pannels on eye level and then the same above couple of rows and one below, just above the ground.

So, it's more an art installation than an exhibition. To work out well I believe art has to work with the space being that it's so specific. My work is B&W and I haven't actually printed yet.

I can't hang anything heavy as the hooks on the metal deviders are not capable of carrying anything heavy. You see my dilemma now. Someone suggested matte vinyl which has adhesive on the front that will stick directly onto the window. I don't know where to print on vinyl in Toronto Another idea is to print on newsprint and just tape it to the window. I also don't know where and how to print on newsprint

Large prints would work very well. So large to almost cover each pannel. I was considering foamcore but not sure how to hang it in the window.

Any ideas, suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads