My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum! Locked

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
doto41
Forum ProPosts: 10,661
My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!
Mar 26, 2013

My thread: "Through the arched corridor (2 versions)" has been moved without my knowledge to the panasonic forum, even though it was taken with a Leica lens on a panasonic camera. This might be the work of a moderator, which means I probably will have to leave this wonderful forum, I have so much enjoyed, and not be able to post on it. I know you guys don't care, and am asking what can be done??

thanks

-- hide signature --

Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
My Flickr

RaajS
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,626
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!
In reply to doto41, Mar 26, 2013

doto41 wrote:

My thread: "Through the arched corridor (2 versions)" has been moved without my knowledge to the panasonic forum, even though it was taken with a Leica lens on a panasonic camera. This might be the work of a moderator, which means I probably will have to leave this wonderful forum, I have so much enjoyed, and not be able to post on it. I know you guys don't care, and am asking what can be done??

thanks

-- hide signature --

Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
My Flickr

Hopefully this was done in error.  Otherwise we have the beginning of the end of the forum for me...

Cheers,

-raaj

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

MrLaki
Senior MemberPosts: 1,094
In reply to RaajS, Mar 26, 2013

RaajS wrote:

doto41 wrote:

thanks

-- hide signature --

Dov
My Flickr

Hopefully this was done in error. Otherwise we have the beginning of the end of the forum for me...

Cheers,

-raaj

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

For me the end of this forum has arrived since some moderators delete posts as they like.

-- hide signature --
John A Clark
Senior MemberPosts: 1,348Gear list
In reply to MrLaki, Mar 26, 2013

That's why they are called moderators...

was it a built by Leica Leica, or a designed Leica lens? If the latter, then it's a Panasonic

-- hide signature --

Beauty is only a light switch away ...
www.clarkfamily.com.au

John A Clark's gear list:John A Clark's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
John Basso
Senior MemberPosts: 2,323Gear list

Hello There.

It is a pity that they removed you're posting because you used a Panasonic (with Oh! my God : a Leica Lens) .Personally,I find this a step to far.The same happened to me on the Canon Powershot Forum , where I posted a picture taken by a Nikon Coolpix P 6000.I was told ,I had no business to post shots on their Forum other than Cannon.Henceforth ,I don't think ,I'll ever will use that forum again.Although I do have quite a few Canon S 40 photo's in my Library.

The option would be to purchase a camera for each forum you want to access. Perhaps a Sony NX7. On this camera you can mount; Leica,Zeiss ,Schneider,Sony (Minolta Lenses) and many more .This of course would mean a major financial investment,and as a side effect would boost camera sales to help out the photographic industry. LOL.You never know what will happen to the Banking business. Spend your money now,as you know what happened in Cyprus.Some  depositors lost 40% of all their money $$$$.World governments might licks their lips.(Better than a Tax increase?)

This is an insight in my tong and cheek suggestion's. Greetings: John Basso.:-

John Basso's gear list:John Basso's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6
One_Oldman_4U
Contributing MemberPosts: 807Gear list
Re: Does this mean...

...that the Leica branded Panasonic (PanaLeica) will get move to the Panasonic forum too since it's not 100% Leica per the moderators?

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6
John Crawley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,038
In reply to One_Oldman_4U, Mar 26, 2013

Who makes the Leia sensors?  Sony?  Kodak?  Panasonic?  I guess even a Leica isn't a Leica.

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/
There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,116Gear list
In reply to John Crawley, Mar 26, 2013

if this has been done deliberately then its s**t!!!!

it says leica on the panny lx camera lenses.

so if this is to be the way, what about us d-lux owners, its the same basic camera as the panny, but its got a red dot on it.

this forum has been very open to anyone wanting to show their images in the few months i have been here, no matter what camera system they might use.

i came on here when i owned a nikon and was welcomed with open arms, i now own a panny/leica with a red dot, where am i supposed to be??

plus, where are the moderators when there are so many questions??

pc

-- hide signature --

`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Cadder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,306

This is ridiculous. You have posted many great shots here Dov, and they have been appreciated. Most people don't care about the camera. Look at the many shots that the great Choi has posted along with his Leica m photographs. We'd all be the worse off if the forum was strictly Leica, also, what about the scanned film Leica photographs, since this is supposed to be "Digital Photography Review"?

Cadder

meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,116Gear list
In reply to John A Clark, Mar 26, 2013

John A Clark wrote:

That's why they are called moderators...

was it a built by Leica Leica, or a designed Leica lens? If the latter, then it's a Panasonic

-- hide signature --

Beauty is only a light switch away ...
www.clarkfamily.com.au

you must be the exception to the rule on this forum then.

good moderator material it seems!!!!

pc

-- hide signature --

`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
l_objectif
Forum ProPosts: 16,944Gear list

It has been a tradition in this forum for years ( and we have been proud of it ) to be open to guests. We always said what most matters for us is the "Photo" not the gear!... Leica "tradition" is not the kind of camera you use, but what you do with it and the type of photo you make!

People are always coming to this forum to see shots and very rarely discuss "gear", unless, of course, there is something new and unless some need information from more experienced shooters. Leica forum has always been considered as an exception in DPR and it should remain as such!

I hope what Dov is suggesting is only an unfortunate mistake. If this is really the case and this is what we should expect in the future, then we loose many good contributors and this is extremely sad! We are here to learn and to improve ourselves, therefore excluding people is absolutely unacceptable for a big majority of us!

If this is having a "moderator"; then, we do NOT want a moderator and let us live as we always did!

I hope DPR is listening!... This would be again another sad and pathetic change!

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
janlu
Senior MemberPosts: 6,154
Louis :
In reply to l_objectif, Mar 26, 2013

l_objectif wrote:

I hope what Dov is suggesting is only an unfortunate mistake. If this is really the case and this is what we should expect in the future, then we loose many good contributors and this is extremely sad! We are here to learn and to improve ourselves, therefore excluding people is absolutely unacceptable for a big majority of us!

Yes... I think it's only an attempt of a not so sensible and very not present moderator , that maybe he want to mark his presence in a some way.... really bad from him , also for not informing the poster ....

I really think in this way as there are a lot of not Leica pictures in this forum , and not deleted  since no exif are shown... of course they are very welcome... and this attitude shows only the poor attitude and work for DP that this moderator had ..... DP have to monitor and choice the moderators in relation at this happening !!

Gianluca

-- hide signature --
Leo33
Senior MemberPosts: 2,505Gear list
Louis
In reply to l_objectif, Mar 26, 2013

l_objectif wrote:

It has been a tradition in this forum for years ( and we have been proud of it ) to be open to guests. We always said what most matters for us is the "Photo" not the gear!... Leica "tradition" is not the kind of camera you use, but what you do with it and the type of photo you make!

People are always coming to this forum to see shots and very rarely discuss "gear", unless, of course, there is something new and unless some need information from more experienced shooters. Leica forum has always been considered as an exception in DPR and it should remain as such!

If this is having a "moderator"; then, we do NOT want a moderator and let us live as we always did!

I hope DPR is listening!... This would be again another sad and pathetic change!

Well said, Louis!!! :))

Onwards and Upwards!
Emil

Leo33's gear list:Leo33's gear list
Fujifilm XF1
mandophoto
Regular MemberPosts: 453

Three years ago when I first started to read DPreview and peruse the Leica forum, I noticed that a few multi brand gear (including Leica) photographers would post their non-Leica gear images in the appropriate, gear related brand forums. To me it felt like respect for the Leica forum even though there surely would not have been an objection to the same non-Leica gear images being posted on the Leica forum by those photographers.

What attracted me to the Leica forum was in part the quality of, and civility of discourse, but frankly also the chance to view images made with Leica gear. There is, I believe, a Leica "look" and it is a pleasure to see images (almost any, really) made with Leica lenses. I do believe the discussions of the differences of say, various iterations of the Summilux 50, are fewer now than just three years ago.

Still, I can't remember objections to Dov posting his images nor for that matter anyone's else non-Leica images. I'm not clear on what the "Leica ethos" is but as this issue is ongoing, I would say there is no monolithic agreement on who is welcome or not. To further muddy this discussion, I've seen a bit of attitude towards Leica owners who are not as accomplished photographically as others. Personally I think the fears of a flood of non-Leica gear folk posting is premature, but I would love to read more about the differences of those Summilux 50s.

Peace

bkxmnr
Junior MemberPosts: 33
In reply to doto41, Mar 27, 2013

So you took your pictures with a Panasonic camera and you're upset that the thread was moved to the Panasonic forum?  It seems to me the moderator acted appropriately in this case.  No controversy here.

Margouillat
Regular MemberPosts: 394
In reply to bkxmnr, Mar 27, 2013

I used to have a Leica M6, now I shoot Nikon, but when I see a neat little Leica café, I get in, and I'm usually welcomed as a fellow photographer who believes in the same spirit that leads the usual Leica photographers groups...

While I can understand the global "each to own" theory, this is quite too much, as it pinpoints a very basic commercial move unwanted in a forum were the picture is more important then the brand and were a D-Lux can stand next to a M240 without shame or jealousy... This is quite rare in this site, and such islands of peace should be kept and protected (My "official" Nikon forum is bursting with dust and AF rants, drowning newcomers who might have more interesting questions to ask...)!

Rules are made so that people in a given forum can use them if someone stir trouble... This wasn't the case !

-- hide signature --

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archivue/

BSweeney
Contributing MemberPosts: 903Gear list
In reply to bkxmnr, Mar 27, 2013

I take pictures with non-Leica lenses on my Leica. Does that mean the threads should be moved to another forum?

Moderators should extinguish fires, not determine which forums that members are allowed to post in.

Send a PM to the moderators and ask that it be moved back. the Lens used was Leica, and the OP wanted it in the Leica forum.

If the Moderators are taking a firm stance on where members are allowed to post, that policy should be made clear. It is a definite change to the running of this forum.

BSweeney's gear list:BSweeney's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Leica M9 Olympus PEN E-P2 +5 more
Choi
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,257
Same treatment here

doto41 wrote:

thanks

-- hide signature --

Dov
My Flickr

My recent "Myanmar" thread has been done the same too.  I really feel sorry about that, especially there is neither PM nor explanation from the moderator.  I see it a matter of courtesy for the moderator to send a PM to the poster, informing and explaining his choice.  The OP may rather prefer a "deletion" to "moving to another forum" option.

Why put the cart in front of the horse?

Best,

Choi

mandophoto
Regular MemberPosts: 453
Re: Same treatment here
In reply to Choi, Mar 27, 2013

It was surreal. I replied to your post in the Leica forum then a bit latter found your post in the Sony NEX forum. Believe it or not after scratching my head a bit, I actually convinced myself that you had originally posted in the Sony forum! Oy...

Xiaomao
Senior MemberPosts: 1,126Gear list

Sorry for that, Dov. Your shots have left me with deep impressions. I still like to continue seeing you shots here; if not I'll find them on the Panasonic forum.
I've found that Choi's thread "Myanmar" has also been moved, but to the Sony NEX forum. I think it takes quite some time for our moderator to monitor.

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
Yang

Xiaomao's gear list:Xiaomao's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Leica M9 Pentax K-5 IIs
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads