Printing in color inaccuracies

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Questions
Almejia
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Printing in color inaccuracies
Mar 26, 2013

Working with pictures, I display on the screen, have a Canon inkjet color printer, a Dell color printer. How can I synchronize the three of them to have the same color on all of them?

I use Windows seven and Lightroom 4.1.

My sincere thanks for all solutions and suggestions to my problems.

Al

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,193
Like?
Re: Printing in color inaccuracies
In reply to Almejia, Mar 26, 2013

Almejia wrote:

Working with pictures, I display on the screen, have a Canon inkjet color printer, a Dell color printer. How can I synchronize the three of them to have the same color on all of them?

They will never be totally in sync with one another, they all have different gamuts (the range of colors they reproduce) and some of them project light and others reflect light.

What you need to do to get them to match as much as they possibly can, is to calibrate the monitor with a device and software such as ColorMunki Display (About US$160), and use ICC color printer/paper profiles for the paper, ink, and printers you use.

Paper manufactures make profiles for their papers and a wide selection of photo printers (not all-in-ones). You can have custom ICC profiles made for you for each paper and printer you use. Or with a device like ColorMunki Photo (about US$450) you can produce your own ICC profiles and it will do monitor calibrations too.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,625
Like?
Re: Printing in color inaccuracies
In reply to Almejia, Mar 26, 2013

it's called a 'color managed workflow'.  read the page below.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads