Here is a real Canon 1Ds Mark III shot in full.

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions
1972 snr
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Here is a real Canon 1Ds Mark III shot in full.
Mar 25, 2013

Now look at the details in the eyes, hmmm. This was one of my portfolio shots in college first year in back in 2009. Shooting the eyes are important with this kind of photography. Tell me what you guys think.

1972 snr
Like?
Re: Here is a real Canon 1Ds Mark III shot in full.
In reply to 1972 snr, Mar 25, 2013

1972 snr wrote:

Now look at the details in the eyes, hmmm. This was one of my portfolio shots in college first year in back in 2009. Tel me what you guys think.

The capture date wasn't set right on the camera. I was so happy to get this beast that I had forgotten to set it, lol.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hank3152
Forum ProPosts: 12,592Gear list
Like?

Instead of replying to your own thread there is a feature, + More options, below the post that allows you two opportunities to edit as long as you do so within 15 minutes.......

Hank3152's gear list:Hank3152's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
1972 snr
Like?
In reply to Hank3152, Mar 25, 2013

Hank3152 wrote:

Instead of replying to your own thread there is a feature, + More options, below the post that allows you two opportunities to edit as long as you do so within 15 minutes.......

Thanks, im still learning to navigate here, lol.

Nightman
Contributing MemberPosts: 541
Like?
Its a nice picture but...

I dont understand what you want us to see?  The picture is nice and the eyes are in focus.  Detail is ok.  My 10D still takes pictures like this.

WalterSrChat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,109Gear list
Like?
Re: Its a nice picture but...
In reply to Nightman, Mar 25, 2013

Nightman wrote:

I dont understand what you want us to see? The picture is nice and the eyes are in focus. Detail is ok. My 10D still takes pictures like this.

You just keep telling yourself that, and you will eventually believe it!

I own a 20D and the detail won’t even come close to my 1Ds Mark III.

Walter Sr

-- hide signature --

I am out to take the perfect picture, if it exits!

WalterSrChat's gear list:WalterSrChat's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
Ultradan
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?

Nightman wrote:

I dont understand what you want us to see? The picture is nice and the eyes are in focus. Detail is ok. My 10D still takes pictures like this.

I'm thinking this guy is a spammer, posting shots that could be taken on anything, and in fact one of the shots was taken on something different to the OP's orginal claim of the 1Dsiii, odd.

Nightman
Like?
Walter....read my post again
In reply to WalterSrChat, Mar 25, 2013

I did not claim my 10D took pictures as good as a 1Ds Mark III only that it took pictures as good as what was posted.  And yes it does.  Just stating a fact.  I am sure your 20D could do the same.

1972 snr
Like?

Nightman wrote:

I was hoping you could notice the tonal range, plus a 10D will not get you a file size like this one.

Nightman
Like?
Here is my 10D example

True file size is not same but still a good picture with plenty of detail.  I left it uncropped

epozar
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?

Nightman wrote:

Is this a new camera ;))

regards,

http://emil-pozar.photoshelter.com/

1972 snr
Like?
In reply to WalterSrChat, Mar 25, 2013

WalterSrChat wrote:

Nightman wrote:

You just keep telling yourself that, and you will eventually believe it!

I own a 20D and the detail won’t even come close to my 1Ds Mark III.

Walter Sr

-
I am out to take the perfect picture, if it exits@!

@  Walter, thanks for getting my point. A 16bit sensor is always better, a 12 to 14 bit sensor will be limited in pperformance. The canon 1 D's mark iii is a 14 bit sensor camera, but it is very close in quality to the phase one DSLR, @nightman.

jayrandomer
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
I think you made his point
In reply to Nightman, Mar 26, 2013

Nightman wrote:

True file size is not same but still a good picture with plenty of detail. I left it uncropped

There's a lot more detail in the eyes on the 1DsIII shot than this shot. You can clearly make out the blood vessels in the 1DsIII shot, so maybe even too much detail at 100%, but still very nice.

And for comparing detail, file size is critically important. Saying the 10D is as good as the 1Ds III for detail, except for file size, is like saying that, except for capacity, a 250GB hard drive from 2003 stores just as much information as a 1.5TB hard drive from 2008.

And yes, many great photos have been taken with both cameras, so detail is only one part of what makes the camera (and both have sufficient detail to record many things well), it's just that the 1DsIII has more.

ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,565Gear list
Like?
In reply to 1972 snr, Mar 26, 2013

Nice shot.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
1972 snr
Like?
Re: I think you made his point
In reply to jayrandomer, Mar 26, 2013

jayrandomer wrote:

Nightman wrote:

True file size is not same but still a good picture with plenty of detail. I left it uncropped

There's a lot more detail in the eyes on the 1DsIII shot than this shot. You can clearly make out the blood vessels in the 1DsIII shot, so maybe even too much detail at 100%, but still very nice.

And for comparing detail, file size is critically important. Saying the 10D is as good as the 1Ds III for detail, except for file size, is like saying that, except for capacity, a 250GB hard drive from 2003 stores just as much information as a 1.5TB hard drive from 2008.

And yes, many great photos have been taken with both cameras, so detail is only one part of what makes the camera (and both have sufficient detail to record many things well), it's just that the 1DsIII has more.

Jay that was well put.

1972 snr
Like?
In reply to epozar, Mar 26, 2013

epozar wrote:

Nightman wrote:

Is this a new camera ;))

regards,

http://emil-pozar.photoshelter.com/

@emil, you have some nice work on your page.

dave_bass5
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,907Gear list
Like?
Thanks for posting it.
In reply to 1972 snr, Mar 26, 2013

I love seeing these early sample pics for new cameras. It shows us what we can expect when its finally released.

Im fed up seeing the non real shots, seeing this real shot makes a nice change

dave_bass5's gear list:dave_bass5's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
Nightman
Like?
And you made my point
In reply to jayrandomer, Mar 26, 2013

The reason you don't see blood vessels is because her eyes are not bloodshot.  But I am not trying to say my 10D is as good as a 1Ds Mark III only that my portrate shot is also very nice with plenty of detail for my 8x10 prints.

As to the storage analogy of course more information is good to have but I find my 250 gb hard drive can still hold a lot of information.

The point you made at the end is the heart of the matter in my opinion.  you said detail is only one part of what makes the camera and both have sufficient detail to record many things well.  That is my point as well, you just said it better than I did.

In conclusion let me confess that I have retired my 10D (gave it to my grandson) and purchased the 5d Mark III.  I did not do this because I could not take excellent pictures with my 10D but because I wanted the better autofocus, low light improvements and full frame perspective.  As to image quality there is not a lot of difference when printed 8x10.  Both cameras produce excellent pictures, I just have more keepers with the 5d Mark III.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads