Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions
Liiz
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Another bird taken with D7100
Mar 24, 2013

Took this photo of Magpie this evening.

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,408Gear list
Like?
Re: Another bird taken with D7100
In reply to Liiz, Mar 24, 2013

I'll be honest. This looks quite noisy for just ISO 500. Was exposure increased in post?

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jake64
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Mar 24, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

I'll be honest. This looks quite noisy for just ISO 500. Was exposure increased in post?

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Why did you use a flash? I feel like you could have taken a better picture without it.

Jake64's gear list:Jake64's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF
Darryl E Mylrea
Regular MemberPosts: 194
Like?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 24, 2013

Jake64 wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

Why did you use a flash? I feel like you could have taken a better picture without it.

Probably because it was night time.  The OP said it was evening.  I can only imagine what the picture would have looked like without flash!  

Jake64
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
In reply to Darryl E Mylrea, Mar 24, 2013

Darryl E Mylrea wrote:

Jake64 wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

Probably because it was night time. The OP said it was evening. I can only imagine what the picture would have looked like without flash!

Ooops, how did I miss that. Even then, I'd rather have the grain of 6400 ISO instead of on-camera flash but that's my personal preference

Jake64's gear list:Jake64's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,086Gear list
Like?
In reply to Liiz, Mar 24, 2013

I think you need to go RAW, I see some jpegs artifacts in full res and that is easier to eliminate using RAW and a good converting routine. Also, for this type of image, one needs to use lower ISO values, otherwise the fine detail is gone, unless you use only smaller images for the internet.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,408Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 24, 2013

Jake64 wrote:

Darryl E Mylrea wrote:

Jake64 wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

Probably because it was night time. The OP said it was evening. I can only imagine what the picture would have looked like without flash!

Ooops, how did I miss that. Even then, I'd rather have the grain of 6400 ISO instead of on-camera flash but that's my personal preference

I'll take flash any day. Personal preference indeed.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

David Lal
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,777
Like?
Quite so!
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Mar 24, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

Jake64 wrote:

Darryl E Mylrea wrote:

Jake64 wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

I'll take flash any day. Personal preference indeed.

It's the best thing one can do to pick up feather detail and avoid the muddiness of 'available light'. Especially at night!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads