A NEW ASPECT TO CONSIDER FOR ANY LENS!

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions
Michael Harvey
Contributing MemberPosts: 500Gear list
Like?
Re: A NEW ASPECT TO CONSIDER FOR ANY LENS!
In reply to jhinkey, Mar 24, 2013

Chill Mike - it's all in your wording. Yes I read the whole posting and hence my comments. Not all responses have to be positive - a little constructive feedback is a good thing. I did not personally insult you in any way or use harsh language, so I'm not sure why you seem to be getting upset.

John

Sorry, John...that response wasn't personally directed at you.

One of the unfortunste aspects of cyber-discussions is that when you hit "Reply", it looks as if you are speaking to a specific poster when you might not actually be.                                        Also, of course, you can't 'hear' the tone of voice a poster is using and dry, printed words with no tonal inflection to inform them, can seem harsh when that was not the intent.

Finally, I guess I just reached the 'overload point'. A culmination of hearing from too many 'true' a-holes on too many forums (forae?)...not just photography.

Let's be friends...

-- hide signature --

Mike Harvey

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tony Bonanno
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
In reply to Michael Harvey, Mar 25, 2013

Just may look Tom up Mike.  My scope is a baby compared to you guys.  I primarily use an Obsession 12.5.

Cheers (and clear skies)

Tony

-- hide signature --

Tony Bonanno Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico
ASMP General member
www.bonannophoto.com

Tony Bonanno's gear list:Tony Bonanno's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
fabgo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,294
Like?

Thanks Michael. This is useful. I recently discovered this issue myself with my D800, but upon closer inspection of my older images I realized this happened with my older cameras as well. Looking over pictures taken years ago with the D2x I owned at the time I finally realized why photos taken with my 70-200 were not 100% sharp at distance. I like using a telephoto lens to shoot far-away landscapes, and for sure this is an effect I have to take into consideration.

-- hide signature --

Fabian

jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,316Gear list
Like?

Michael Harvey wrote:

Chill Mike - it's all in your wording. Yes I read the whole posting and hence my comments. Not all responses have to be positive - a little constructive feedback is a good thing. I did not personally insult you in any way or use harsh language, so I'm not sure why you seem to be getting upset.

John

Sorry, John...that response wasn't personally directed at you.

One of the unfortunste aspects of cyber-discussions is that when you hit "Reply", it looks as if you are speaking to a specific poster when you might not actually be. Also, of course, you can't 'hear' the tone of voice a poster is using and dry, printed words with no tonal inflection to inform them, can seem harsh when that was not the intent.

Finally, I guess I just reached the 'overload point'. A culmination of hearing from too many 'true' a-holes on too many forums (forae?)...not just photography.

Let's be friends...

-- hide signature --

Mike Harvey

You bet! You seem like a guy who knows some good stuff and I'd love to hear more.

- John

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +19 more
Geomaticsman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,462Gear list
Like?
Maybe, or...

...it could just be that Nikon has produced another lens with CA/infinity focus issues like the 200-400VR and, to a lesser extent, the 500VR, for two examples.

I expect we'll know more after some proper testing ... and more datapoints from users.

-- hide signature --

Gary -- Some Nikon stuff -- and a preference for wildlife in natural light
www.pbase.com/garyirwin

Geomaticsman's gear list:Geomaticsman's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads