Duplex printer two sided prints? EXIF one side and then the image on the main side?

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Questions
radiowall
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Duplex printer two sided prints? EXIF one side and then the image on the main side?
Mar 23, 2013

I have an Epson Artisan 710 Printer, when printing photos is it possible to print the photo then on the back some EXIF meta type data? Since this printer is a duplex capable?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,494
Like?
Re: Duplex printer two sided prints? EXIF one side and then the image on the main side?
In reply to radiowall, Mar 23, 2013

radiowall wrote:

I have an Epson Artisan 710 Printer, when printing photos is it possible to print the photo then on the back some EXIF meta type data? Since this printer is a duplex capable?

Many printers that do duplexing, only do it automatically for bond paper. Often you have to manually reinsert heavier stock. But the problem with printing both sides, depending on how delicate the print surface, is avoiding damaging the surface.

For some papers, printing on the back doesn't work very well; especially if it only has an ink receptive coating on one side.

But you have the printer, why not give it a whirl and let us know how it works out?

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
E Dinkla
Contributing MemberPosts: 555
Like?
Re: Duplex printer two sided prints? EXIF one side and then the image on the main side?
In reply to radiowall, Mar 25, 2013

radiowall wrote:

What about printing the EXIF together with the image (Qimage) on a thinner quality paper and fold it? You might need an A3+ printer for that to keep enough image size but it is a fast option without the problems of dual sided printing.

On dry minilab printers there is an extra print facility or inkjethead for the backside but I do not know whether they can do the full EXIF.

Maybe there is another type of printer like a mailprinter where media transport can be avoided. One that only prints a 3 line text or so and the media is not transported. Pitney Bowes style. A label printer is a not so nice other solution. You still have to make two printruns and coordinate the data of the image and the EXIF while the folding and dry minilab solutions do it in one go automatically.

-- hide signature --

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

500+ inkjet paper white spectral plots: OBA content etc.
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads