Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
wacka2007 Regular Member • Posts: 352
Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

Gotta be , and lets hope they do something to speed up the lens.

kd6vm Regular Member • Posts: 303
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

wacka2007 wrote:

Gotta be , and lets hope they do something to speed up the lens.

I wonder if they will offer a little more zoom.  In that case, I think we will be stuck with the slower lens.

Jay7h Regular Member • Posts: 178
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6
1

I would like to see a better LCD screen and a much improved view finder.  The zoom is fine and so is the rest of the functions of these cameras, in my opinion. Maybe faster focusing would be nice too.  Otherwise, I am going to stay with my SX 40.

kd6vm Regular Member • Posts: 303
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6
1

I, too, still have the SX-40.  I am also waiting for a better EVF.

coody
coody Senior Member • Posts: 1,661
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

The SX60 should have the Digic 6; otherwise, what can the Canon add to the SX50?

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 4,085
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

I had the SX40 HS, but when the SX50 HS showed up with Raw and Digic 5 I had to buy it.  Now it Digic 6 time and I will do the same thing.  Already looking hard at the new P&S with Digic 6.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

 j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
MarioV Veteran Member • Posts: 5,935
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6
3

kd6vm wrote:

wacka2007 wrote:

Gotta be , and lets hope they do something to speed up the lens.

I wonder if they will offer a little more zoom. In that case, I think we will be stuck with the slower lens.

If digic 6 makes ISO 3200 even better, then I dont mind the compromise of having a long slow lens.

1080p60 video will be a very welcome addition.  Hopefully the EVF will be a major improvement and faster AF would be a nice bonus.

 MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon PowerShot G3 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 Nikon D5200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
coody
coody Senior Member • Posts: 1,661
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

If the Panasonic is capable of upgrading its FZ200 zoom to such as 45x or up, I will consider it instead of Canon SX even the Digic 6 added.

MarioV Veteran Member • Posts: 5,935
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

coody wrote:

If the Panasonic is capable of upgrading its FZ200 zoom to such as 45x or up, I will consider it instead of Canon SX even the Digic 6 added.

I probably would too, but cant see that happening any time soon.

 MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon PowerShot G3 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 Nikon D5200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
woody allen
woody allen Regular Member • Posts: 105
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

If they only put bigger sensor,now THAT will be improvement.

-- hide signature --

Regards...
Woody

 woody allen's gear list:woody allen's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Setter Dog Veteran Member • Posts: 4,605
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

The SX60 will surely have Digic 6,....I hope?

I love the camera and don't find the slow lens terribly limiting. In my opinion, the main shortcoming of the SX50 is the very, very, super slow continuous shooting modes, with or without autofocus. Sure, there's a HS HQ burst located in the SCN settings, but this is too fast for normal continuous shooting, does not autofocus, and has no control over shutter speeds.

I think the continuous speeds will certainly be improved to help capture the market of kids' sports shooting.

For me, the SX50 is a great camera, simply because of the great lens, great IS, and really good IQ SOOC. Improved continuous modes will make it less of a specialist camera and better all around. Just thinking about it, I already want one!

Jack

Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 19,358
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

Jay7h wrote:

I would like to see a better LCD screen and a much improved view finder.  The zoom is fine and so is the rest of the functions of these cameras, in my opinion. Maybe faster focusing would be nice too.  Otherwise, I am going to stay with my SX 40.

Yes, the EVF definitely needs improvement.

Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 19,358
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

woody allen wrote:

If they only put bigger sensor,now THAT will be improvement.

-- hide signature --

Regards...
Woody

...which would result in either a much larger camera (along with a larger price), or a reduced zoom range.  Can't have everything.

Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 19,358
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

coody wrote:

The SX60 should have the Digic 6; otherwise, what can the Canon add to the SX50?

Better EVF, faster AF, wi-fi.

I know this will never happen, but I sure wish Canon would make flash on their compacts work the same way in M mode that it does on their DSLRs.

mikearm New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

I was going to get the SX40 last June, but after trying someone else's, I could not stand the EVF. Bought the Panasonic fz150. Been very happy with it. I am back and forth between Panasonic and Canon. Just bought the SX280 for a pocketable, and other than the well know video issue, I really like it.

utomo99 Regular Member • Posts: 367
Improvement Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6
1

Mark B. wrote:

coody wrote:

The SX60 should have the Digic 6; otherwise, what can the Canon add to the SX50?

Better EVF, faster AF, wi-fi.

I know this will never happen, but I sure wish Canon would make flash on their compacts work the same way in M mode that it does on their DSLRs.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-powershot-sx50-hs/11

  • Likes to clip highlights (hint: use DR correction)
  • Noise becomes pretty intense at ISO 800 and beyond
  • Redeye a problem (though removal tool in playback mode helps)
  • Electronic viewfinder isn't great
  • Slow max framerate of ~1fps with AF (but increasing to 2fps with AF/AE lock and 12.8fps in High Speed Burst HQ mode)
  • Lens is on the slow side (in terms of maximum aperture); tripod almost a necessity when shooting at 50X zoom
  • ISO fixed at 80 at shutter speeds at or below 1 second
  • Below average battery life
  • Rear dial is flush with four-way controller, difficult to turn
  • Movies are a bit choppy due to 24 fps frame rate; no manual controls available
  • Can't access memory card when using a tripod
  • Cheapo bundle puts manual on CD-ROM, doesn't even include a USB cable anymore

and other improvements such as bigger sensor or faster lens, Better EVF, WiFi, more shooting modes, and other.

Britney Elvis Veteran Member • Posts: 5,038
Why do you think Digic 6 will be better?

I have the SX280 with the new digic 6... and I do not think it is an improvement in Hi ISO over my SX50.

In fact, I dont like the over aggressive NR that seems to happen in upper ISO with the SX280.

Did I just get a bad copy of the SX280? Could someone please show me an ISO 800 / 1600 shot at 100% that will show me how good digic 6 is vs digic 5?

I will be more than happy to show mine... and they are pretty messy at ISO 800, almost panasonic messy at high ISO's

gus

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

Roxy1945 Senior Member • Posts: 1,413
Re: Whats the betting that the SX60 will have the digic 6

I'd be interested but only if they improve the poor viewfinder.

-- hide signature --
IceShot Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: Why do you think Digic 6 will be better?

Britney Elvis wrote:

I have the SX280 with the new digic 6... and I do not think it is an improvement in Hi ISO over my SX50.

In fact, I dont like the over aggressive NR that seems to happen in upper ISO with the SX280.

Did I just get a bad copy of the SX280? Could someone please show me an ISO 800 / 1600 shot at 100% that will show me how good digic 6 is vs digic 5?

I will be more than happy to show mine... and they are pretty messy at ISO 800, almost panasonic messy at high ISO's

gus

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

I have a powershot 110 I think (not the $400 one the other one, it's blue). The noise reduction is TERRIBLE and makes everything so soft.

utomo99 Regular Member • Posts: 367
Re: Why do you think Digic 6 will be better?

Britney Elvis wrote:

I have the SX280 with the new digic 6... and I do not think it is an improvement in Hi ISO over my SX50.

In fact, I dont like the over aggressive NR that seems to happen in upper ISO with the SX280.

Did I just get a bad copy of the SX280? Could someone please show me an ISO 800 / 1600 shot at 100% that will show me how good digic 6 is vs digic 5?

I will be more than happy to show mine... and they are pretty messy at ISO 800, almost panasonic messy at high ISO's

gus

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

I think you better compare SX 280 with 260 instead of comparing to SX50

they use different sensor and lens

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads