Anyone ever buy from Digitalrev.com?

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions
NachoYogi
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Anyone ever buy from Digitalrev.com?
Mar 21, 2013

They claim to ship X100s within 24 hours, have great price (£1,030) and also offer some compelling packages.

But I'm not sure who or what they are?  Are they trustworthy?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with these guys.

Here's the link:

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/fujifilm-x100s/MTAwMjMwMA_A_

NachoYogi's gear list:NachoYogi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
philcozz
Regular MemberPosts: 299
Like?
Re: Anyone ever buy from Digitalrev.com?
In reply to NachoYogi, Mar 21, 2013

I bought a 5D Mark II from them in the past. No problem for me.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
NachoYogi
Like?
In reply to philcozz, Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for the feedback!

Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 787Gear list
Like?

They are a pretty large company and are legit. They upload youtube videos every week or two and have a social network (I use it) with many users. I bought the X100 last November and it arrived 48 hours later from HK to AZ, USA. I've had no issues with my product. One thing to note, if you are outside of the HK area and decide to buy through them anytime you have a problem covered by warranty you'll have to send it to them and they'll resolve it. I guess this is because they sell products coded with East Asia serial numbers, but in any case the warranty is still there and the price is a lot lower so I didn't have any second guesses about using them.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Charlesn
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
But no Fuji warranty...

I looked at the link and it appears that you get a DigitalRev warranty with service provided at a place of their choosing. Personally, I've never felt it was worth giving up the manufacturer's warranty for the sake of saving a few bucks, especially on a camera with almost all new electronics, like the X100s. Of course, YMMV.

leggoman
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?

I have bought several bits from them in the last 12 months with staggering delivery time. i.e sent for friday eve arrived monday morning. A friend had a camera fixed by their warranty scheme with not a single issue. I just ordered an X100s an hour ago from said digitarev.

fhorn1
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
In reply to leggoman, Mar 21, 2013

I have a few times with no problems but in the UK  with the exchange rates going against  the pound over the last few years Digitalrev's prices are not so competitive unless they are doing a VAT  paid offer. Otherwise add 20% if you are in the UK and duty may also be added.

fhorn1's gear list:fhorn1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M-E Typ 220 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM +1 more
Mark Ewanchuk
Regular MemberPosts: 318
Like?
Yes, and...
In reply to NachoYogi, Mar 22, 2013

I previously bought a new X100 from them...no Canada warranty, but certified through them for 1 year.  I asked them to guarantee me a certain serial number series (21x or higher...) and they did, but then shipped a 14x.

Delivery was near instantaneous!

In any case, when the incorrect serial arrived, I emailed them immediately.  They asked me to return the item (at my expense...) and were then going to ship me out "the correct one".  I offered to keep the other in exchange for a 2-yr warranty, which they said they could not do.  After some back-and-forth with the manager online, they eventually agreed to refund my purchase.  Ultimately, they even refunded my shipping costs, as I did successfully argue that the error (and guarantee) was theirs.

In the end, I actually WOULD buy from them again, as long as you know what you are getting yourself into:  Any warranty or service issues MUST be returned to them in Hong Kong.  They will take care of everything, but you are responsible for shipping it there.  They do seem like a reputable company, with some excellent deals to boot.

Good luck!

M.

wayne131
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
Yes and a great buying experience....
In reply to Mark Ewanchuk, Mar 22, 2013

Last month I purchased a Sony a77 body from them.

I am based in the U.K.

Ordered on a Friday afternoon and it was with me the following Monday with detailed tracking info.

Last week I ordered another camera from them and received the same fantastic service.

Good luck and rest assured they are very good

Regards,

Wayne.

wayne131's gear list:wayne131's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Charlesn
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
Re: Yes, and...
In reply to Mark Ewanchuk, Mar 22, 2013

Mark Ewanchuk wrote:

Any warranty or service issues MUST be returned to them in Hong Kong. They will take care of everything, but you are responsible for shipping it there.

Okay... can someone explain this to me? They're selling the $1299 list X100s for $1489, with a warranty that requires that you ship the camera back to Hong Kong at your own expense for (non-Fuji) service. And you'd want to do this because...???? I'm not saying there's anything shady or unethical about DigitalRev, but who would want those terms in purchasing this camera?

foxracer24
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to Charlesn, Mar 31, 2013

I've ordered an x100s with them too (It's still cheaper than the UK price, and comes with a free case currently)

They've not been exactly honest with their stock availability though. The camera still shows as shipping within 24 hours on their website, but I ordered mine on the 26th March, and the order still shows as "processing".

I accept that this is a popular camera in high demand, but they should still be more truthful with delivery times.

Having said that, I have ordered stuff from them before back when they still traded through ebay, and never had any problems.

J

steddyman
Regular MemberPosts: 346
Like?
In reply to foxracer24, Mar 31, 2013

I've bought lenses from them in the past and never had a problem.

They are however imports, so you don't get a genuine Fuji UK warranty.

If you are in the UK and want one from a genuine UK dealer, then Wilkinson still have them in stock.  I bought mine from them last week on next day delivery.  They are also a bricks and mortar store:

http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/fuji-finepix-x100s.html

-- hide signature --
NachoYogi
Like?
In reply to steddyman, Mar 31, 2013

Thanks for the recommendation.  I ended up getting it from Park Camera.  Great, responsive service.

Hope yo are enjoying the camera as much as I am.  Now if we just had some sunny skies . . . .

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads