D7100 settings?

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions
wiseone
Contributing MemberPosts: 948
Like?
D7100 settings?
Mar 20, 2013

Just curious if those who have received theirs have fiddled with the settings yet (sharpness, etc) and have discovered good ways to set it up. In D7000 "Standard" color was way too much for me and I had to use neutral, I also needed to set sharpness up to 5. Is it the same in the D7100?

Thanks

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Elixir
Contributing MemberPosts: 679
Like?
Re: D7100 settings?
In reply to wiseone, Mar 20, 2013

Just curious if those who have received theirs have fiddled with the settings yet (sharpness, etc) and have discovered good ways to set it up. In D7000 "Standard" color was way too much for me and I had to use neutral, I also needed to set sharpness up to 5. Is it the same in the D7100?

Standard looks good to me, and sharpness appears fine.  Also contrast.  I haven't adjusted anything.  I usually bump saturation a bit and turn down contrast.  On this, I'm staying with the defaults, but my experiment a bit later.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,913Gear list
Like?
In reply to Elixir, Mar 20, 2013

Too bad Ray Soares has moved on to FF - but his basic setups should still be relevant.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,245Gear list
Like?
In reply to wiseone, Mar 20, 2013

Raw or jpg?

wiseone
Like?
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Mar 21, 2013

I shoot jpg. I'm having a terrible time  I photo shelter animals, so I must shoot in shutter priority. I was using a Nikon 400 small flash as always on the d7000..shutter speed about 200 (flash synch s at 250) but on the new d7100 the flash kept giving error signals on the back and though it did go off, the light was not balanced AT ALL...always under or oddly exposed.

I then had to move quickly to auto to use the onboard flash and that is not useful to me because of shadows..

The d700 worked just fine with the setup up I was using, so I must be doing something wrong.

wiseone
Like?
In reply to wiseone, Mar 21, 2013

I THINK I figured out my problem...auto ISO was turned off...I looked for it before but didn't see it until I went to the manual...I think that might  be the whole problem...I have another big job Friday...a lot of cats came in and we'll see how it works.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads