Minolta DiMAGE EX 1500 Zoom review

Started Jul 4, 2000 | User reviews
Unknown user 22858
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE EX 1500 Zoom review
Jul 4, 2000

I've used the EX 1500 with the zoom lens for a year. The photos are great, except for a bit much noise at dusk or indoors. The lens is small and not a good choice for indoor photos. The camera body is very compact. It takes a long time to boot up, about 12 seconds. The zoom is medium noisy, but focus and shutter are quiet. I like the ability to extend the lens unit with the optional extension cable. The LCD refresh rate is very slow when used as a viewfinder.

The model has been updated to version 2, and I am not familiar with this new version. The original had good features for its time, but I've had several problems with it, and I think nowadays it is not a good buy.

Problems:

One of the big selling points of this camera was the ability to use a different lens unit or even upgrade it. Well my zoom lens broke after the camera accidentally turned itself on in my pocket, and I can't get a replacement lens unit -- they are no longer available, and even if they were the cost would be as much as a whole new camera.

The on/off power button is too easy to press accidentally. The camera occasionally locks up (crashes), and needs to be reset by opening the battery door. All my stored photos were once erased accidentally when trying to delete a few selected shots. I don't trust the operating system on this camera. The shutter button has worn down and now often misses shots; I must press it repeatedly.

Unknown user 22858's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads