PIX 2015

Minolta DiMAGE EX 1500 Zoom review

Started Mar 29, 2001 | User reviews
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Unknown user 40635
New MemberPosts: 1
Minolta DiMAGE EX 1500 Zoom review
Mar 29, 2001

Bought Minolta reconditioned 1500 for $250 U.S. It has to be the very best camera that can be had at this price. Excellent
quality photos and lots of features. I have yet to use the scripts, but I'm happy for that versatility it allows. In super fine mode,
the pictures rival that of a friends Nikon 990 very well. I'm not saying this camera is as good as the Nikon, but he also paid
$900 and the camera is not worth the $650 difference for the purpose I use it for. I picked up a 64MB card at Fry's in San
Diego for $69.00 and I am set for an entire vacation. I have a battery charger and MH batteries which really help with the
battery drain, and I also bought a $25.00 AC adaptor for indoor use. The trick of starting the camera while on PC mode and
shooting using the viewfinder instead of the LCD screen really saves the batteries

Biggest problem is battery usage, which the MH batteries really helped. The rubber cover over the AC comes loose easy. Flash
doesn't reach too far. And the camera should have a lens cap. I use a card reader to speed up the slow cable transfer which is a
little flaky on the Macintos

Unknown user 40635's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads