Olympus D-600L review

Started Mar 17, 2002 | User reviews
Unknown user 88365
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Olympus D-600L review
Mar 17, 2002

A fav choice among adv amateur photogs entering digital photography a couple years back. I got mine for just under USD$250 recently. While dated (serial port! 32MB max cap!), I liked its styling (look at the masses of ugly 'futuristic' tourist-style stuff...'Cool'pix990??-great camera with the looks of a geektoy...) and surprising image quality (thanks to its excellent lens) Good flash shots.

One impt point I never see mentioned is that the sealed non-extending lens-body is a crucial factor that makes this design particularly resiliant vs fungus and damp.

Still a very usable digicam unlike many, and will continue to be relevant as a backup because of its great lens.

Problems:

Limited low-light cap. Dated (by today) functions. Motorised-zoom(ok nearly every digicam suffers from this... why can't we have the old manual zoom ring??) Iffy focusing (I overcome this be switching to Spot metering and prefocusing on a high-contrast target with the similar desired lighting before re-composing for the actual shot...the prefocus modes are not too useful)

Unknown user 88365's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads