Kyocera Finecam 3300 / Yashica Finecam 3300 review

Started Mar 25, 2002 | User reviews
Unknown user 89631
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Kyocera Finecam 3300 / Yashica Finecam 3300 review
Mar 25, 2002

My first digital camera - I'm pretty happy with it too. I bought it online at ubid.com, for about $240 US with 16MB compact flash, reader, etc. Therefore, good value for a 3.34 MP camera, despite the fact it is discontinued already and Kyocera has the S3
Very easy to use, in most conditions. Best with lots of light, and if you don't need to use the flash. Pretty small, but bulky b/c it is a little thick - ie: pocket sized but will make a bulge in your front jeans pocket. It would be best to buy a case to protect the LCD screen from being scratched. The optical zoom (not digital) retracts automatically and won't scratch the lens.
The battery life is quite sufficient - I haven't run out yet, but it is probably prudent to recharge it nightly.
Overall I'm pretty happy

Problems:

I agree with other users, the flash can be very bright if you are less than 1 meter away from the subject. Also the lack of a viewfinder can be difficult, esp. if you can't see the LCD too well at night or in a dark room. The auto focus works very poorly in low light conditions, and you may be disappointed with the quality that resullts.

Unknown user 89631's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads