Sony Mavica FD-95 review

Started Apr 1, 2002 | User reviews
Unknown user 90803
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony Mavica FD-95 review
Apr 1, 2002

This is my second digital camera, after graduating from a point-and-shoot ) 0.3 MP cheapie. I like the 10x optical zoom, as it allows me to capture the unguarded moments of my subjects. Photo quality is good, but I wish Sony included a fil size option of about 1.4 MB, or 1 photo per disk, never mind the probable slow write time. The finest compression available (about 330 KB size) doesn't do justice to the 1.92 Mpixel CCD - a lot of artifacting emerge when the photos are enlarged. In my experience, the FD95 produces photo quality prints of up to 5" x 7" if the best resolution and least compression is used, and lighting is good. If I want bigger, 8" x 10 prints, I have to use Genuine Fractals. I also wish Sony included a buffer memory, so I can take burst shots, although it might take sometime for the burst to be recorded on the floppy disk.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the FD95. I've not regretted buying it, instead of the 3.3 Mpixels one that were similarly priced but whose optical zoom is only up to 4x.

Problems:

If all digital cameras were Mavicas, I would invest in stocks of floppy disk manufacturers. I have to carry a ton of floppies
to be able to shoot a decent number of high resolution photos.

Unknown user 90803's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads