Olympus D-400 Zoom (C900Z) review

Started May 2, 2002 | User reviews
Unknown user 92528
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus D-400 Zoom (C900Z) review
May 2, 2002

I used this camera for 2 years before upgrading to the C-3000. Its a camera that I'll always be very fond of. I took 1000's of pictures in all conditions with very good results.
The plus points 1st: Very easy to use, a great 1st camera for beginners. The portability of the camera is great. Fits into your jacket pocket no probs. I liked the sliding cover which gave great protection to the lens when it was in your pocket alongside coins or keys etc. I didn't use the LCD screen much so it seemed to last ages on rechargeable batteries. The zoom was great for the shots I was taking.
The bad points now: Some pictures had to be sharpened using an editing package. I always had to add red to my pictures and sometimes had to adjust the brightness and contrast slightly. Now I've seen some of the pictures I've taken viewing them on someone elses monitor and they look very different so I'm reluctent to be too hard on this camera. The serial conection is very slow... use a card reader. Flash is fair but nothing to write home about. The little rectangular buttons on the back of the camera are a bit fidgetty.
On the whole a great camera to learn with. I passed it onto my brother who is just learning digital photography and he loves it. I'll miss this little beauty.

Unknown user 92528's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads