Olympus D-510 Zoom (C-200 Zoom) review

Started Aug 14, 2002 | User reviews
Codrut Ion
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Olympus D-510 Zoom (C-200 Zoom) review
Aug 14, 2002

I know that I shouldn't post a review after just a week after buying this camera...but in this week I've been testing (almost) all the features of this camera...so here are my opinions:
Great camera for the money..for beginners..a very good travel companion (128Mb card it's a must!)..easy to use..good quality pictures..good response (lag) times and very good conectivity (USB).
Have two packs of accus and a good quick charger and head for taking pictures...outdoor you can use the Auto setting for light temperature and ISO setting..Depending on the length on trip and possibilities of writing a CD-ROM with the pictures..I recommend HQ or SQ (1280*960) mode for saving space on the smartmedia..SHQ and TIFF only used for studio or very important shots that require perfect details..SHQ makes a 1,3Mb file...HQ-450kb...SQ-280kb..

Problems:

Yes..I've encountered a very strange problem...On my Olypus D-510Z (C-200Z) the LCD is greyscale!! Any attempts of viewing colors failed..tried a hardware reset (no power to the camera for 24 hours) as suggested by Olympus customer support..but no effect..all is pure greyscale on the LCD..but..when you look in a very low angle...you can see that white from the menu text is composed from color dots...so the LCD is color...but somehow it was damaged on transport (electronically..I don't know) and now only shows images and all in black&white..If anybody can help I would be grateful

Codrut Ion's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads