Ricoh Caplio RR1 review

Started Aug 29, 2002 | User reviews
Jon Cooke
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Ricoh Caplio RR1 review
Aug 29, 2002

I have had this camera for about a week now and I have just about figured out all its features. There is an awful lot to get through and the manual is over 100 pages. Having said that the benefits of spending time getting to know the camera have paid off and I have obtained some absolutely stunning photos.

I have been absolutely blown away with the macro function which I have never seen bettered in any format it is out of this world !!! I have produced some studio quality pictures after just a couple of days. The images contained more detail than I can see with the naked eye without the camera.

I bought the camera with two purposes in mind. The first was to enable me to photo my plants close up which I am more than satisfied with and the second was to use the camera as a family camera so it had to be simple enough for my wife to use. After thoroughly reading the manual I was able to take excellent photos of the wife and kids. Read below though.

All in all I would highly recommend this camera as it does all I want it to and very well too.

Finally the proof is in the photos so check out the pictures I have taken with this camera.

http://www.carnivorous-plants.supanet.com/gallery/index.html

Problems:

Initially I had difficulty getting good photos of my children from the camera. I obtained advice form the shop where I bought it as I am a novice photographer. The problem was that the defaults on the camera were set to flash off which sets a slow shutter speed hence blurred pictures of children. Once auto flash is selected no problem as a faster shutter speed is selected. I have since found out the the user can set their own defaults so that this doesn't occur again by accident. My advice is to read the manual thoroughly and to ask lots of questions from the experts in the shop where it is purchased if you are not an expert.

Jon Cooke's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads