Olympus E-100 RS review

Started Sep 10, 2002 | User reviews
JT
JT
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Olympus E-100 RS review
Sep 10, 2002

An amazing camera! I haven't had any focusing issues as some other reviewers have mentioned. The 38-380mm zoom is very versatile. You can add a wide angle or teleconverter and make the camera even more flexible. The 49mm threads are a big help. I always keep a UV filter on mine. The dual media comes in handy. I shoot full res SHQ and get 538 pictures on my 512mb CF card, 137 pictures on my 128mb SM card. This enables me to take a vacation for a week & not have to worry about running out of pictures (675 total!) Battery life is good with the provided 1600mah batteries. You can do even better with some of the newer ones available now. The image quality is the best out there among 1.5-2mp cameras so don't worry about the lower resolution unless you're doing larger than 5x7" or 8x10" prints. I just shoot for the web & rarely print them out. The fast shutter speeds & minimal lag time make this a great camera for wild-life or sports action shots. Short of buying a pro DSLR I don't think you can do any better for the money.

Problems:

Flash memory compartment door could be a bit stronger, 2 hot pixels on my EVF (not a big deal to me), camera is an older model & difficult to find now.

JT's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads