Olympus D-500L review

Started Oct 21, 2002 | User reviews
Ronald D. Scott
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus D-500L review
Oct 21, 2002

I've owned this for a year. By today's standards, this camera is obsolete (sells today for about $100) but certainly not without it's usefulness! This "see through the lens" camera is great for what I use it for.. a web page camera. It is also good for a trainer if you want to get experience with your 1st digital. My wife and children use it. I can't say enought praise for the camera. It has been durable and the 3X optical zoom is handy. I rated "features" as a 3 because todays cameras are more sophisticated not because I felt the original design was deficient. This camera has a good sensor speed (ISO 180) and a good zoom range. The 5X7 prints are acceptable but I wouldn't choose an 8X10 print size. NiMH battery life is good. Alkaline batteries are inadequate for this camera. Finally, the camera configuration methods take some getting used to. There is a learning curve to it. I'd buy it again if I were just getting into web work again. I still use the camera even though I have purchased a more sophisticated digicam. I needed more pixels and more zoom.

Problems:

My only disappointment come for two reasons:

1) low light shots are difficult to focus
2) the time between shutter button release and the actual taking of the picture is to long

Ronald D. Scott's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads