Sony Mavica FD-100 review

Started Oct 24, 2002 | User reviews
Francis de la Pena
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Sony Mavica FD-100 review
Oct 24, 2002

This is my fourth digital camera, this is to replace my previous ones. The construction on this is good, very sturdy, durable, but it would be better if it was made of Titanium in my opinion. The features are numerous including night filter program, photo efffects, and a larger than standard LCD screen. The image quality is almost excellent granted it is only 1.2 MP, but image size can be adjusted in the camera. In addition, it also has manual exposure, manual focus, manual shutter speed, as well as an adjustable Flash (Low, Normal, High). The FD100 can record still-photos, as well as MPEG movies without audio. Other interesting features include threads for filter, and lens adapter. It has a very well made zoom feature with 3x optical and 6x digital. Unlike it's predacessors, Sony has included a Memory Stick expansion slot to its already existing Floppy Drive slot. This means you can take more photos than before, up to 1600 exposures. It is easy to use to the point where I did not use the manual at all. For the amount I paid for it about $300.00 US, this camera has most of the features that an SLR camera has except the interchangeable lens. The only bad part about this camera is that is is not compact, and it uses Sony-only battery. The upside, the batteryis rechargeable with 72+ minutes of use. But in my opinion, I love large cameras.

Problems:

So far, no problems encountered.

Francis de la Pena's gear list:Francis de la Pena's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Nikon D50 Nikon D80 Nikon D3000
Francis de la Pena's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads