Sony Mavica CD250 review

Started Nov 1, 2002 | User reviews
Kudzu
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Mavica CD250 review
Nov 1, 2002

I am surpised at the negative comments by other users. I have been using this camera for 3+ months and I am well pleased. There learning curve was longer than I expected. There are a lot of settings to learn on this camera.

I just returned from a week trip to Disney and Sea World and I shot close to 200 photos with it and I am well pleased with the results. I use the camera in my buisiness, I am a real estate appraiser, and I find that it does a wonderful job. I like the larger size of the camera over the small ones. Thats probably because of all my years of 35mm SLR use though. I don't fine the camera to be heavy either. Actually was surprised at it's light weight. Of course I have used 35mm for years.

My only complaints are that sometimes it takes longer to start up than I would like. Especially when you put in a new CD and it has to read it for the first time. Most times though I turn it on and its ready in just a few seconds.

Other thing is that when you have a CD nearly full and you plug in the USB cable to download it takes a long time for it to read the photo and display a preview. Transfers are very fast once you get all the previews on screen. You can finalize the disk in the camera and put it in your computers CD drive but that takes about as long. So (for work) I just use a CD-RW and when it's about half full I reformat it and start over.

Problems:

Noticable pincoushining in the lense. Otherwise images appears sharp and clear.

I have taken photos out on a job, shot pictures and previewed them on the camera and then put the camera up. When I got back to the office the photos were not there. It has only happened using the one CD-RW I have. It has not happened on any of the CD-R's so I suspect it is a bad CD and not the camera.

Follow up - I have replaced the Sony CD-R with some new ones and have not lost a single photo. I am pretty convinced that it was a problem with the CD and not the camera.

Kudzu's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads